• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Clink starts tonight. Anyone else excited?

218 posts in this topic

[quote=

I much prefer the 'no reserve' item auctions because at least you know there is at least one other person interested at paying roughly the same price and there isnt a huge gap to the underbidder. It was once suggested a few years ago that isnt it about time that an Original Art guide was produced which would be great. However we dont have one and so to me this is the best sort of guide we currently have.

I would say more or less to this. The bidding process really does get people caught up and I know I have paid more for things due to auction fever. I also have seen items I have lost subsequently offered for less than what I had previously bid - and passed.

It would of course be rude smart to put in a competitive bid in the first few days, as that could then block the rest of us from placing our tracking bids (if a second person did the same thing).

Fixed that one for you

I was wondering about that. What do you see as the advantage of cutting down tracking bids on a lot you're after? Just fewer eyes on the piece?

I bookmark/favorite the item(s) I'm interested in. In my mind, I can do without the inflation of prices in exchange for not having some amount of convenience (if tracking bids afford any).

Sure wish Comiclinks Original Art auction would end in the next 14 seconds rather than the next 14 days. It probably isnt but it seems like this auction is going on longer than usual. Im winning 2 pieces at just under my maximum bid but if it ended now i would be like :whee::banana::whee::banana::whee:.

Having to keep checking on a daily basis is killing me.

I think the arsectoon of the auction is longer than normal. Normally the art is on day four but this time IIRC there is like a five day or so gap between the end of the comics and the end of the art . The comic part of the auction is per normal.

Sure wish Comiclinks Original Art auction would end in the next 14 seconds rather than the next 14 days. It probably isnt but it seems like this auction is going on longer than usual. Im winning 2 pieces at just under my maximum bid but if it ended now i would be like :whee::banana::whee::banana::whee:.

Don't like to splash cold water, but you know the bid is likely to double or triple in the last thirty seconds, right? Most of the real bids go in in the last few minutes, so if you're nearly maxed out now, that doesn't sound too promising. (shrug)

Don't like to splash cold water, but you know the bid is likely to double or triple in the last thirty seconds, right? Most of the real bids go in in the last few minutes, so if you're nearly maxed out now, that doesn't sound too promising. (shrug)

Actuallly im a litttle bit more optomistic than normal because by this time the pieces i am interested in have already sailed past my maximum bid. Also, without giving anything away, the piece i am interested in usually has only 1 or 2 items up for auction for everyone to fight over but this time there is more and because its not the best piece it might not get the attention like the others.

There is nothing on comic link at the moment that will end at the price it is at now. Just a fact I'm afraid.

Prices on the comics seem strong for a bunch of the quality ones anyway

I have always been fond of the Dr Strange 67 cover by Steve Leialoha currently at $3000 - this used to be on Burkey's site (I think it was at $3500) and I had my eye on it for a long while but never pulled the trigger. Then one day it was on his "New Items" update and it sold shortly thereafter. I thought it was a clever marketing ploy on his part, putting old stock up in the New Items section to generate eyes on the art. I had a bid in early on but will be watching it go to someone else again, congratulations to the new owner!

There is nothing on comic link at the moment that will end at the price it is at now. Just a fact I'm afraid.

You were refering to the original art and not the comics werent you?

No, he was referring to the comics. My friend Doc swings both ways - comics and OA. :insane:

Well, the reserves have posted for any pieces that actually have reserves or had not already met their reserve.

There's some serious optimism out there....at least for some pieces. lol

Luckily only one of the pieces I was after had a reserve, so I am dropping that piece. Crazy reserve.

Me too.

The reserve on one piece I was watching was more than 5 times where the bidding had reached in normal pre-reserve bidding.

No, he was referring to the comics. My friend Doc swings both ways - comics and OA. :insane:

As ever some things high and some low...no movement on my two pieces...hoping there will be a jump as things close...

Got my eye on two art pieces, delighted with my comics purchases!

Dont think Ill be winning that Tales of the Dark Knight Painting...now that the reserve has been reveled to be over 5 times my last bid on it.

Does the New Titans 50 have a reserve on it still? I didnt think that had one before, now it appears it does, but the reserve is like 50 bucks more than it was at a few days ago, im very confused by that one.

Im not sure how many pieces of artwork there are and im too lazy to look but i cant believe that all the pieces will not end at the price they are at.

The 2 pieces i am interested in have also not moved at all so just maybe they are at a price that only i am willing to pay :wishluck:

I am actually hoping that with so much better quality material the ones i am interested in gets overlooked.