• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just saw a cgc 2.5 AF 15 for sale, asking $11K!!

91 posts in this topic

Many people only see the huge wins. Very few people gloat about their huge losses.

Well, it's quite obvious you'll haven't met my better half then. lol

Yes, it's so true that everybody talks about their winnings and never their losses, so that's why she thinks nobody at all has ever lost a single penny at all in the stock market. Especially when everybody can time the market perfectly and simply buy long when the stock is about to go up and sell short when the stock is about to go down. :screwy:

On the other hand, she has absolutely no problems at all when it comes to ignoring or forgetting any gains that we might have made, and instead, telling everybody constantly about the mountain size losses that she had to endured, even though it might have been only $100 and it was from over 20 years ago. :mad::censored:

On the other hand, she has absolutely no problems at all when it comes to ignoring or forgetting any gains that we might have made, and instead, tell everybody about the mountain size losses that she had to endured, even though it might have been only $100 and it was from over 20 years ago. :mad::censored:

Trade her for a high end late-Bronze Age issue. (thumbs u

On the other hand, she has absolutely no problems at all when it comes to ignoring or forgetting any gains that we might have made, and instead, tell everybody about the mountain size losses that she had to endured, even though it might have been only $100 and it was from over 20 years ago. :mad::censored:

Trade her for a high end late-Bronze Age issue. (thumbs u

Well, in certain ways, she's like low end Chromium, but in other ways, she's much more like high end Gold. :cloud9::takeit:

I have to wonder how many are actually changing hands right now.

I would have to say quite a few since 4 copies just changed hands earlier this week on the CC auction website, and another 4 copies are set to go in CL's auction next week.

In addition, we have the following comment from one of the board members here:

Great book, wouldn't be my first pick for investment considering how much its gone up recently and how there seems to be about 50+ for sale at any given time.

I am sure this 50+ count is a bit of an exaggeration, but there are always copies of this book out there in the marketplace. hm

I just counted. On E-bay alone there are 46 copies. Grahamcrackers has 3 for sale. Comiclink has 4, Highgrade comics has 5. There might be a little overlap, but without really trying you can find over 50.

I Just checked ebay...and removing reprints, posters, foreign variants and single pages that were slabbed I can only find 31.

Of which just 19 are blue label. (thumbs u

-J.

Wow, it's simply amazing how gung ho you guys are when it comes to verifying these things. Once I saw all of the reprints, variants, plates, and what have you, i stopped counting immediately and simply went with the 50 count as an over exaggeration.

By the way, since we are exluding PLOD's here, if we also exclude all of the worthless drek copies below 9.0 here, we are then left with a big fat zero number of copies. It's simply amazing how fast these things are selling.......indeed, just like hotcakes. lol

I have to wonder how many are actually changing hands right now.

I would have to say quite a few since 4 copies just changed hands earlier this week on the CC auction website, and another 4 copies are set to go in CL's auction next week.

In addition, we have the following comment from one of the board members here:

Great book, wouldn't be my first pick for investment considering how much its gone up recently and how there seems to be about 50+ for sale at any given time.

I am sure this 50+ count is a bit of an exaggeration, but there are always copies of this book out there in the marketplace. hm

I just counted. On E-bay alone there are 46 copies. Grahamcrackers has 3 for sale. Comiclink has 4, Highgrade comics has 5. There might be a little overlap, but without really trying you can find over 50.

I Just checked ebay...and removing reprints, posters, foreign variants and single pages that were slabbed I can only find 31.

Of which just 19 are blue label. (thumbs u

-J.

Wow, it's simply amazing how gung ho you guys are when it comes to verifying these things. Once I saw all of the reprints, variants, plates, and what have you, i stopped counting immediately and simply went with the 50 count as an over exaggeration.

By the way, since we are exluding PLOD's here, if we also exclude all of the worthless drek copies below 9.0 here, we are then left with a big fat zero number of copies. It's simply amazing how fast these things are selling.......indeed, just like hotcakes. lol

Whenever anyone throws numbers around on anything easily independentlu verifiable I always check it out for myself. I've gotten cynical from all the bad news coverage now that I am in middle age. Besides I don't give much heed to market demand or market price based fixed price eBay listings anyway. eBay results are to be viewed skeptically anyway. Completed sales and completed auction house sales and all the dealers I know churning through af 15's and doing their best to buy more is far more indicative of value and demand than anything else, especially what's sitting on eBay.

You overlooked listings that do not specifically mention AF15 but refer to is as the "comic that I found in my dead uncle's attic that might be valuable but I don't know what it is- my loss is your gain" listing.

There were about 180 or 181 of those. I think the 181 number is more important and accurate though. :whistle: