• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SQUIRREL GIRL & THE NEW WARRIORS?! (TBD)
1 1

71 posts in this topic

Honorable mention to a sequence in Red Hulk where apparently Hulk kills Silver Surfer by choking him, then joyrides his board to go punch The Watcher.

Seriously? Does the guy not know anything about these characters?

That's horrible.

Hulk_Vol_2_12_page_13_Red_Hulk_Earth-616-1_zpsnkau56zs.jpg

:facepalm:

And you were saying if these folks can't pull it off, you didn't see Geoff Johns pulling together the movies?

doh!

Still not as bad as cannibal Blob from Ultimatum. But, undoubtedly craptastic.

At least that had decent Finch artwork

Ultimatum_Vol_1_2_page_24_Janet_Van_Dyne_Blob_Franklin_Earth-1610-2_zpsly9xyxib.jpg

I pulled that copy out of one of my dollar bins and was amazed they would have that scene in the comic. It made me read the rest of the series. I like how Giant-Man dealt with the Blob afterwards.......

NEW WARRIORS: Find Out Which 5 Heroes Will Join SQUIRREL GIRL In Marvel And Freeform's Upcoming TV Series

We recently found out that a New Warriors TV show featuring Squirrel Girl had been ordered as a 10-part, 30-minute live-action comedy at Freeform, and now Marvel (via USA Today) has released a list of the 5 other characters that'll make up the roster.

Doreen Green (Squirrel Girl)
Squirrel Girl is the spunky fangirl and "wonderful heart of the show" with acrobat skills, superhuman strength and a cool squirrel tail, Biegel says. (She can also talk to critters including her sidekick, Tippy Toe.) “She is openly hopeful and earnest and sweet and optimistic, but smart and very determined that she can make a difference, too. She knows she’s great and if you’re not going to get on board with her, she’ll leave you in the dust.”

Craig Hollis (Mister Immortal)

The squad’s resident troublemaker and lothario, this guy can’t die — or at least that’s what he says — and is equally cocky and grumpy. “Craig is a little more jaded and saying things aren’t as rosy and the world isn’t as hopeful as you make it out to be,” says Biegel.

Dwayne Taylor (Night Thrasher)

The masked dude is a local celebrity with his own YouTube channel but no actual superpowers. His parents were killed when he was younger, though he worries about his family’s wealth ruining his street cred. “Dwayne is the one who’s enterprising and really trying to figure out the business side of this entire thing,” Biegel says, “but at the same time he really does care about justice.”

Robbie Baldwin (Speedball)

A guy whose childhood was spent watching Quinjets take off from Avengers Tower, Speedball has the knack — though maybe not the greatest aim — for tossing kinetic balls of energy. Although immature and impulsive, “Robbie has these noble aspirations, but can’t quite figure out which one to pursue," Biegel says.

Zack Smith (Microbe)

A big guy with a sizable heart, Microbe communicates with germs, giving him telepathic-like qualities, though he leans on his pals to find extra confidence. “Zack literally is just looking for a connection: ‘Hey, maybe I can find a group of people I can hang out with,’ which is totally part of who you are in your 20s,” Biegel says.

Deborah Fields (Debrii)

Not only is she a low-level telekinetic trickster who has experienced serious personal loss due to the actions of superheroes, Deborah is also a proud, witty lesbian. “It’s not all about ‘Hey, I relate to the show because I want to have a squirrel tail,' but ‘Hey, this is the story about someone who’s out as a lesbian and maybe it’s not that easy,’" Biegel says.

Edited by Bosco685

BOOM goes the squirrel!

Marvel’s New Warriors Reveals Full Cast Including Squirrel Girl

squirrel-girl-new-warriors-1009186.png

Thanks to an update from The Hollywood Reporter, fans have learned Milana Vayntrub has nabbed the coveted role of Squirrel Girl. The This Is Us actress will be joined by Derek Theler as he plays the male lead of Mister Immortal.

Aside from the two leads, New Warriors has brought on a series of other actors to play fan-favorite heroes. Jeremy Tardy has been cast as Night Thrasher while Calum Worthy will throw Speedball onto the small-screen. Matthew Moy has been tasked with playing Microbe, and Kate Corner will play Debrii.

"I am thrilled beyond belief to be working with this incredible group of actors. They are funny, sincere, eager, charming and perfectly embody these characters. It'll be a blast and an honor to create this show with each of them, " showrunner Kevin Biegel told THR as a longtime fan of the Marvel squad.

Marvel TV’s president Jeff Loeb also released a statement, saying, ”We’re so lucky to have assembled such a diverse and incredibly talented cast. We can’t wait for the fans to see what’s in store when we unleash these iconic characters into the world!"

Marvel's NEW WARRIORS Adds ENLISTED Actor Keith David In A Villainous Recurring Role

152870.jpg

THR reports that veteran actor Keith David has also joined the fray in a recurring role of Ernest Vigman, who is described as "a caustic municipal employee who butts up against the hopeful energy of the New Warriors."

Though this Vigman guy doesn't appear to have his roots in the comic books, there's always a chance the character will turn out to be someone we recognize.

Marvel's New Warriors is set to premiere on Freeform next year, and you can check out the first logline below.

Not quite super, not yet heroes, New Warriors features six young people learning to cope with their abilities in a world where bad guys can be as terrifying as bad dates.

First Audition For MARVEL'S NEW WARRIORS Surfaces Online

New Warriors, which seems to have retooled the team into being a mix of Skottie Young's short-lived run on the team and the Great Lakes Avengers, one of whom seems to be the subject of a recently revealed audition for the series, listed on Vimeo under the production's shooting title of Houseboat.

Based on the dialogue in these scenes (in particular the reference to heroes and superpowers), it seems this is indeed the real deal. In addition, based off the characterization of the lead, it seems this is an audition for the character of Craig Hollis, AKA Mr. Immortal, who is played by Derek Theler in the show itself. In the second scene in the video, he is talking to a Donna, who, based on her attitude, seems to be Doreen Green, AKA Squirrel Girl, who is played by Milana Vayntrub.

37 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

There is now talk this tested so strongly, Disney wants this on its new streaming service which has been pulling content from Netflix.

Yeah smart movie on Disney's part as this show will be huge on their streaming service. A lot of females love the character of Squirrel Girl according to my analytics on Pinterest.

I expect a dip now in her first appearance which leaves an opportunity to buy at a discounted price for awhile.

46 minutes ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Yeah smart movie on Disney's part as this show will be huge on their streaming service. A lot of females love the character of Squirrel Girl according to my analytics on Pinterest.

I expect a dip now in her first appearance which leaves an opportunity to buy at a discounted price for awhile.

I'm not sure about the 1st appearance dip. But I definitely agree about the smart move.

^^