• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Suspense 3 on ebay....

17 posts in this topic

A suspense 3 for sale on the bay...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUSPENSE-COMICS-No-3-SHOMBURG-Cover-Art-CGC-Graded-Apparent-FN-1944-NO-RESERVE-/201657819587?&_trksid=p2056016.m2518.l4276

Description and photos are identical to this old listing (scroll down to see photos):

http://www.ebay.com/itm/350551966329?rmvSB=true

Ended: Apr 01, 2012 , 7:27PM

Winning bid:US $24,977.00

[ 38 bids ]

Be interesting to see if he makes a profit or not, after holding it for 4 years. Do you think it's still worth 25 grand or so?

Same book, per the CGC repair comments and number in the center of the label.

Maybe he bought it and then decided he wanted out ?

He buys with one ebay user (original listing: winning bidder 1727 feedback) and sells with another (new listing has seller with 661 feedback)

Doesn't make sense.

Maybe he bought it and then decided he wanted out ?

He buys with one ebay user (original listing: winning bidder 1727 feedback) and sells with another (seller feedback 661)

Doesn't make sense.

Well yeah, it does. Lotta eBayer's use different accounts for various reasons to buy and sell.

Could be legit, could be a scam -- it's easy enough to message the seller and see what they have to say. If you get a broken english, fishy response (or no response), it's probably a scam. The seller left feedback for hobby*supplies during the past year -- I buy my comic bags and boards from them -- so it could definitely be a comic guy who simply liked the original Sparkle City scans/description and saw no need to change them (obviously everyone on here knows that is a common feature of scam artists on eBay, but the seller might not be aware of this and didn't think to change them).

This is my copy of Suspense 3. I bought it from Filter back in 2012. It's been used in ebay scams multiple times since then. When I notice them I just win the book and never pay. I used to try to get ebay to do something about it, but they don't care.

Thanks for the info.