• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DC's BLACK LIGHTNING TV Show from Greg Berlanti

91 posts in this topic

Just now, porcupine48 said:

I don't love it,but I enjoy it.

lol Fair enough Jimmers. Yes it could be better, i certainly believe the daughter developing powers probably could have waited till season 2, but....

2 minutes ago, sagii said:

lol Fair enough Jimmers. Yes it could be better, i certainly believe the daughter developing powers probably could have waited till season 2, but....

Don't get me wrong it's fun,and a little 'hokey'and that makes it funner!I bet it's just not the daughter getting powers,there has to be anothr super baddie...wait..I think i'm more involved with this show than I thought lol 

I've enjoyed this show so far, as they seem to be going for portraying the full experience of someone being a superhero. Including trying to deal with the family-side of first trying to balance being a community leader while caring for his family. Yet also having to deal with his hand being forced to come out of retirement so as to save his community. Add to this we are finding out his powers appear to have been passed along to his kids. Now he has new challenges to deal with.

Where some complain of shows that are all action and no backstory concerning the lead characters, this show works to address this so as to make them more real-world. But that may turn off those wanting all-action comic book shows.

...Can't believe this Thread is always slipping off page one for a weekly series. Easily the most interesting of the CW DC shows currently. Diabolical almost Bond worthy bad guys and twists and turns everywhere you look. Good job CW considering it's main character while important to DC history, was a C-Lister

'Black Lightning' Renewed For Season 2

The CW has renewed Black Lightning for a second season.

The show was one of ten series picked up by The CW today, along with Arrow, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend, Legends of Tomorrow, Dynasty, The Flash, Jane the Virgin, Riverdale, Supergirl and Supernatural. The network has left only a few shows as-yet-unrenewed, including the DC Comics adaptation iZombie, currently in its fourth year.

The family-based superhero show centers on the adventures of Jefferson Pierce, a school principal who serves in both his day job -- and at night, as the electric-powered superhero Black Lightning -- to make his city a safer place.

:bump:

All the way on page 8 for a show currently running ?!?!?

Why no love on the Boards for this one? It's true to its comic book roots as BL has always been a hero in a urban city plagued with problems that hes dedicated to eradicating.

Sure sometimes the daughters put the main character in the background (but I've always said Supergirl suffered from this also since season 2 as Kara is less the focus the more characters they keep adding on). And with BL it feels 'forced' as some sort of  girl power 'agenda' and not organic. 

All that said, I still think its currently the best of the CW hero shows beating out the Flash by a nose. 

Edited by sagii

7 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I forgot that this was even a thing. Gotham is the only TV series that I've been able to get into, and Season 4 is really damn good.

I've passed on all of the Marvel TV properties. Krypton is one of the only shows I haven't tried yet.

Now that I logged into the other account... :banana:

Give Krypton a try. If you ever appreciated the Superman stories and lore, this to me does a good job of taking us back to the pre-destruction origins while making the stories their own. There is a twist on Zod you may appreciate.