• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Old Guy Wants Help Using This Forum

120 posts in this topic

I have been collecting for 55 years or so and have a lot of comics that I would like to sell. I have never used a forum like this and am a little (lot) intimidated. You guys are all speaking a language that is unfamiliar to me. What is a PM anyway? So, to start off, how do I start a post (did I do this one right?). How do I add pictures? How do I respond to comments or questions? How do we communicate to exchange Paypal names, shipping addresses, etc? Is there a tutorial for this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Just FYI, this thread is likely to get yanked for not being appropriate to the sales forum. I'd say start in the "introduce yourself" thread linked in the noob guide. That's a good place to ask questions.

Just noticed the noob guide doesn't seem to have anything on PMs... to send a PM, just click on a user's name and select the "send PM" option. You'll know if someone has sent you a PM by seeing a flashing envelope icon near the top of the screen. Then, just click on "My Stuff", then "My Messages" to read your PMs.

And if you click on the blinking envelope at the top of the screen it means you have a message and your click will take you there.

Sell everything here at .01c in the dollar and make new Friends

Actually it you are 70+ and collected comics. Good in you. Go look through the bangzoom thread for some perspective. Maybe you won't want to sell.

And

Welcome to the boards

I am trying to figure out where your reply falls on the "Post Scale". It is either a #5: "Attacking post - name calling, complete and obvious disrespect MAYBE light profanity, maybe not" or a #5A: "Compensating Post, attempting to use braggadocio in a childish and obvious way to make up for inadequacies in more manly aspects." You can probably find a web site to help with the longer words. HELPFUL HINT: Don't try to spell them, just cut and paste.

I am trying to figure out where your reply falls on the "Post Scale". It is either a #5: "Attacking post - name calling, complete and obvious disrespect MAYBE light profanity, maybe not" or a #5A: "Compensating Post, attempting to use braggadocio in a childish and obvious way to make up for inadequacies in more manly aspects." You can probably find a web site to help with the longer words. HELPFUL HINT: Don't try to spell them, just cut and paste.

OR just be a member long enough to understand the humor :makepoint:

HA! Now....THAT....was funny......!

It's a history post, baby! No offense - it had to be said for the old timers - especially Old Guy!!

Welcome to the boards. Lizards is just teasing, he's a good guy.

If you're not familiar with message board posting you'll find there's a lot to learn. This thread is likely to get yanked since it's in the selling forum but doesn't have anything for sale. Feel free to ask questions by sending a private message - click 'my stuff' then 'my messages' then 'options' then 'send a new private message' or you can click anyone's name in a post and then click 'send a pm'.

If you're interested in an epic thread from a "newcomer" try this one.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1628473#Post1628473

I'm sure your p.m. box is flashing away as we speak!

Having used the words "have a lot of comics that I would like to sell." I was going to say same thing - your likely receiving many PM's right now :jokealert:

Welcome. I'm relatively new here and this forum has proven a good place to sell when I'm trimming my collection and buy when I'm filling holes.