• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How are sellers able to sell CGC comics for $20 ?

47 posts in this topic

Guess the guy I bought this collection from wasn't very smart. This cost me under $2.image_zps10klnmum.jpg

That one illustrates my point. No need to send that one off to CGC.

Whoopeeee!! A below average Spidey book, offering no significance. Now give me extra because CGC said it was below average.....or let it sit for a long time and give me $2.

Funniest thing about this collection is it also contained beautiful high grade raw Marvel bronze keys like Hulk 181 and Werewolf by Night 32. Yet he chose to send a late bronze spiderman with a reading crease in it to be slabbed. About 20 other slabs not worth a damn too.

I don't send in any book unless it sells over a certain dollar amount that I set for myself, I have a 155 modern prescreens at CGC now, They received them on 6/10 and were graded 7/26 and have been told they will take another 2-3 weeks because they are still awaiting encapsulation because that is why they are taking so long and it's convention season, no idea why CGC needs to send 90% of it's work force to every convention when they are needed at the hub.

Out of 155, how many passed the pre-screen?

131 out of 155 passed the prescreen

I don't send in any book unless it sells over a certain dollar amount that I set for myself, I have a 155 modern prescreens at CGC now, They received them on 6/10 and were graded 7/26 and have been told they will take another 2-3 weeks because they are still awaiting encapsulation because that is why they are taking so long and it's convention season, no idea why CGC needs to send 90% of it's work force to every convention when they are needed at the hub.

9.8?

i'm sure it has to do with people not knowing how to grade books.

They think a FN is a NM- ... plus they may not be aware of how badly some defects lower grades.

i.e. they may not be aware that stains or a sub crease or a book with tape drops grades so low

Nice job! I've got 60 books in for a pre-Screening and would love to get that percentage.

9.8?