• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New York in the AM

38 posts in this topic

get some chow fun at Wo Hop,

---

I eat there for depression gorging when I am having a bad day, but it really is not worth going out of your way for

edit:

Sorry, I am thinking of Ho Yip. Not Wo Hop.

Mysterious (formerly Rogers) Time Machine (make sure you have the new location around 9th street and not the old one on 14th) is in an area worth walking around in anyway and Roger is a good guy. The new small location probably does not have all the stuff he used to have and you could actually do better than ebay once upon a time with oddball stuff there. Just around from the corner from "One if by Land, Two if By..." a restaurant located in Aron Burr's former carriage house. Not a place to take your kid, but I have taken my wife there a few times. Classy. The buildings in the area are a bit older than most of the rest of NYC.

get some chow fun at Wo Hop,

---

I eat there for depression gorging when I am having a bad day, but it really is not worth going out of your way for

edit:

Sorry, I am thinking of Ho Yip. Not Wo Hop.

Wo Hop (the downstairs restaurant..) is great.... extremely salty, but great! :sumo:

My 3 favorite memories first time I went to NY was (in no particular order) was

The Empire State Building

Strawberry Fields in Central Park

Walking around the Village

My 3 favorite the first time were

Washington Square Park

Times Square

MOMA

Washington Square Park

Times Square

MOMA

Knocked a couple off the list. Empire State Building, and Time Square. Walking all over. Pretty tired since we caught our flight at 5:40 this am. Thanks for all the suggestions. My son said this is probably the coolest day he's ever had.

Knocked a couple off the list. Empire State Building, and Time Square. Walking all over. Pretty tired since we caught our flight at 5:40 this am. Thanks for all the suggestions. My son said this is probably the coolest day he's ever had.

:applause:

Washington Square Park

Times Square

MOMA

I know it's for tourists but the Double Decker hop on hop off tours are excellent.

Taking the Staten Island Ferry is fun if you don't get tickets for the Empire State Building. You still get to pass by it and see it.

javascript:%20void(0);

I think you meant to say the Statue of Liberty

Yes. Yes, I did. lol

As I write this I am on a train back from Philly. After work yesterday I boarded an Amtrak down to the city of brotherly love. Dined on some local sub cuisine, went to see Springsteen at Citizen Bank Park, woke up this morning did some quick walking around to take in the city and am now on my way back home.

Last two times I was down here, early May and last August, I saw Phish play the Mann Center, saw the neighborhood where Will Smith got beaten up while playing BBall outside of his school, the Rocky statue, Liberty Bell, Reading Market, Pats, Genos, the Mint, Franklins grave, Independence Hall, Art Museum, and more.

At no point did I even think, I wonder what the comic stores are like...

So much more to do next time I go.

I've done that same Amtrak when I took my oldest daughter to the East coast last year. Saw NYC and Philly. Good times.

Don't know if you are a fan of his, but Springsteen puts on a hell of a show. This was my first time seeing him. Every time I've gone to any other band's show at least one out of four people always ask, "you've seen Bruce yet?"

After the write up for the Wednesday show and how amazing it was I received a text from a friend asking if I wanted to come down and go...

Said why not and packed a bag.

Roy you would dig it. Four hours of rock music and Bruce brings his A game for each song.

I was VERY impressed. It lived up to the hype.

Oh, I'd love to see Springsteen. Just a matter of time.

I haven't had time to see GNR this year and they are one of my favorite bands. I had to pass on a backstage, All Access pass for their Toronto show because I couldn't make it. :mad:

I've heard great things about Bruce's show. Wonder if he's retiring as you can't put on a 4 hour shows forever, especially at his age.

Well cause its so hot this week/weekend over here dont forget to hit the shore at Robert Moses Park and bar/seasfood joints at the Nautical Mile in Freeport

For comics, go to Koch Warehouse in Brooklyn.. Prepare to spend a whole day there, but call first! Not sure if he's opened this weekend