• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Looking for Superman vs Spiderman

22 posts in this topic

Superman vs Spiderman

Just looking for a copy of the second print with the signatures on it .

I am not looking for a NM copy just Fine or better. Its more for sentimental reasons.

I had purchased this as a kid and it was stolen from me a few years later by a friend( some friend) . I was like 14 or something like that and he( and a friend) came over . While we were in the basement ( where my comics where) he asked me for a drink knowing that I had to go upstairs.Soon as I got back they said they had to leave.

Few months later , about maybe 8 months( i rarley looked at my collection) i opened my comic box and couldnt find my Sup vs Spidey and my What if #1

After a week or two of looking it dawned on me what had happened.

I had not talked to the guy for a few months and had no real proof anyways.But i guess he put them in his pants leg. ( we were kids and condition back then wasnt important)

Again if anyone had one for sale or where to look( ebay has a few copies of the first print)

Much appreciated.

The second print which was avaliable by mail ( my Mother sent away for a copy for me since the first print sold out , another reason i am looking for it)

It was signed by Stan Lee and Carmine Infantino .Was a gimmik to get people to buy the second print It was more a computer mass signature i think but i thought as a kid it was really cool.

Again if anyone is selling a copy or knows of anyone who is , condition isnt a issue. Been looking for about a year. I have 2 copies of the first print . But to me the second print is the one i want since thats the one I had as a kid. Believe i was 9 when my Mom got it for me and has been my favorite book.

As i write this i have a poster of this on issue on my wall above my head and a magnet of this issue on my fileing cabinet.

That is the unsigned first print.

The signed second print has the signatures on the frint or back cover (can't remember).

I just checked the Overstreet price guide and there were 5000 of the signature copy second pritingsprintings put out and only by mail like I got mine.

Thank you by the way

I've got about 100 plus Oversize Treasury Comic Books in one of my storage units that I plan on doing an inventory in the next few months...

I'll check to see if I have that one...

If you don't have any luck through this forum posting, check with me via my email address of myparentscomics@cox.net in about a month or so, I should have a better handle on what I have at that time...

Regards,

Ken

MPC

Dispite what it says in Overstreet,I don't believe there is a second printing of this book. There were 5,000 copies set aside for signatures at the original time of printing. These were solicted as a sort of "Special Limited Edition" type of thing but I think they are just autographed first printings.

I may well be mistaken here,but thats what I have always been told about this book.

Dispite what it says in Overstreet,I don't believe there is a second printing of this book. There were 5,000 copies set aside for signatures at the original time of printing. These were solicted as a sort of "Special Limited Edition" type of thing but I think they are just autographed first printings.

I may well be mistaken here,but thats what I have always been told about this book.

I recall it the same way.

But who am I to argue with Overstreet? confused-smiley-013.gif

I recall it the same way.

But who am I to argue with Overstreet? confused-smiley-013.gif

poke2.gif

I cant actually remember . I just remember my Mom mailing a check to the address in the comic book for the offer. I dont remember if it said 2nd printing or not.

Guess i am nostolgic. I waited weeks for it to arrive and i was so estatic when it did.Have never forgotten it.

When i go back into collecting in 1992 it was the first book i looked for and got ( for $5) but have always wanted the signed 2nd printing(?) version that i had.

I remember a copy on eBay a year ago or so.

Seems like it sold for stupid money. Way over guide, anyway. confused-smiley-013.gif

I was going to bid, but backed out when the hurtin' started.

I wish I could remember the condition and final price.

I probally would not pay stupid money for it. Guess thats why i am looking for a fine copy . I am not buying it to sell, just to own so condition isnt really a factor . I have seen the unsigned one in NM go for upwards of $75- $100 which is more than guide i think

That one is a different version . Printed a few years after the first one.

But i appreciate it

Can believe the prices Mile High wants . I bought this version a few years ago in VF for like $8 . You can get a NM on Ebay for 1/4 of what they are asking .

Well, I've been looking for the same version for going on 7 Years now....available by mail for $5 I believe, originally....NEVER seen one,I've asked all the big dealers at shows, they either do not have it or have never seen one ...tend to think it probably does not exist, I mean 5000 copies were available, and it NEVER comes on the Market????

think of it this way, there were millions of alot of bronze stuff, that never come to market, my guess is 4500 are safely in someone's collection, 400 are in dealers inventory, and 100 are floating around somewhere.