• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do I have a problem?

74 posts in this topic

Hiding it?

No, I actually have a framed GA comic in my office and a Gulacy poster up right now

And for a long time the comics were out and about. Nobody cared. Stacks of comics sitting on a shelf, etc., but I cleaned up a bit and shoved them in boxes and put them under my desk to get them out of the way.

I just had not realized how many I had until I boxed them up. They had been in drawers, non-comic boxes...

Oh wait, I missed one on the top of a cabinet! Make that 10 boxes!

Just wondering if this sort of office comic accumulation is weird by cgc board standards.

At box #1 I would have begun planning how to transport it home (used to commute to NYC from LI, so not like I could just take it on the train).

Needless to say I have transported many comics home from my office over the years. This is the accumulation I happen to have now. I probably have 50+ boxes of comics at home that were once in my office (I have worked in the same place for more than 12 years, am within walking distance of two comic shops and have hit up other places around the city after meetings, etc.

Perhaps nows a good time as any, for an intervention?? (shrug)

And a pic of your room at this point in time would be beneficial in determining to what extent your addiction really goes. Is it tantamount to a good episode of a Hoarders show on TLC?

I have a pretty decent size office by Manhattan standards. That's what they gave me instead of a promotion.

No, the boxes are under my desk, neatly tucked away. My office is a mess with work, not comics!

My comic room at home on the other hand....

Hiding it?

No, I actually have a framed GA comic in my office and a Gulacy poster up right now

And for a long time the comics were out and about. Nobody cared. Stacks of comics sitting on a shelf, etc., but I cleaned up a bit and shoved them in boxes and put them under my desk to get them out of the way.

I just had not realized how many I had until I boxed them up. They had been in drawers, non-comic boxes...

Just wondering if this sort of office comic accumulation is weird by cgc board standards.

not to me.I was wondering if you were keeping it away from ppartner or something

Perhaps nows a good time as any, for an intervention?? (shrug)

And a pic of your room at this point in time would be beneficial in determining to what extent your addiction really goes. Is it tantamount to a good episode of a Hoarders show on TLC?

No, the boxes are under my desk, neatly tucked away. My office is a mess with work, not comics!

My comic room at home on the other hand....

Well suffice to say, I would hire a reputable moving company in Midtown and have those fellows haul that stash home and then you can evaluate your compulsive disorder

Hiding it?

not to me.I was wondering if you were keeping it away from ppartner or something

No. She is disgusted by my hoard, but like I said, I have 20,000 or so in my comic room, maybe more, I have no idea, a few more boxes won't make a difference. It's mostly cheap stuff. It's just a pain to drag a comic box home on the subway so I don't bother. Plus I have to get a pass from the building for a big box so they don't think i'm stealing a computer or office supplies, which is a pain. So if I take stuff home it might only be enough to put in my backpack in a small box.

. . . It's just a pain to drag a comic box home on the subway so I don't bother. Plus I have to get a pass from the building for a big box so they don't think i'm stealing a computer or office supplies, which is a pain. So if I take stuff home it might only be enough to put in my backpack in a small box.

Heh, yeah, you're way past that now. Taking 'em home 20 at a time just ain't gonna cut it (even if you stop all new inflow it'd take a while).

What you got ahead of you is a drive in with the car (borrow a friend's van) over the w/e, if you ever get serious about moving it all home.

And to be half-serious for a moment about the OT, you still have a wife and a job so I'd say you're good. ; )

At box #1 I would have begun planning how to transport it home (used to commute to NYC from LI, so not like I could just take it on the train).

What? You are not one of those jerks that take up a six seater on the LIRR as a single person while the rest of us stand for an hour or sit on the floor? I hate those people.

What? You are not one of those jerks that take up a six seater on the LIRR as a single person while the rest of us stand for an hour or sit on the floor? I hate those people.

Once that whole LIRR commute to Bellmore/Wantagh wore thin I was driving in real early and leaving late - then it would be not quite so bad to lug a box or ten "just" down to the car double-parked out front.

But could you imagine lugging even 5 boxes through the PM rush-hour commute on the LIRR ?

[since I'm originally from L'town, I happened to notice you're in that southeast Nassau area and that I'm talking about your current stomping grounds, but seeing that I moved to TX five years ago I never figured it was worth mentioning. But, yeah, talk about a hellacious commute - I wasn't a seat-hog, I hear ya.]

You should see my office lol some of you have seen it in the Kraven thread but I have two boxes and a stack of CGC under the front of my desk, two long boxes on the side behind me another box sitting on top both drawers back and front in my desk full of raw, CGC and other comic related items. Four full boxes on my selves to the right and my filing cabinets are full of raw comics. :facepalm: I think I have a problem :whee: