• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo ComicCon September 2016 - Report

105 posts in this topic

looks fun, too bad i missed it. didnt know.

Didn't u guys have a convention a few weeks ago?? (shrug)

That CBCS table looks awfully busy (:

Yes, there was a show in the Buffalo Convention Center four weeks ago, run by Dave & Adams Card World.

This show was run by Queen City Books.

I did see people submitting a good number of books to CBCS.

The Buffalo Powercon show at the Marriott is scheduled for October 2nd.

There's also another show that same week, or the week after, in Niagara Falls, NY. The promoter had a table next to Tito Santana and was handing out flyers. I have it somewhere. I think Dave & Adams will be there.

RocCon, a 3-day show in Rochester was just last week as well. There's a real Renaissance in good ol Western New York. All this, and the Bills too.

:kidaround:

There was another 2 day con in the same area, about a month ago.There was no thread in the events subforum but a boardie posted up a report with pics.

It looked just like the report on this show- low attendance....

As Roy remarked, that show was also under promoted.

As far as a "rennasaince" is concerned, you can bet it will be short lived.The only people who make out from a sudden glut of shows in one area are the buyers, bc dealers price their books redinkulously cheap.Those dealers will get picked over quickly.

The promoters also make out from selling booths, but if they don't pick up the slack, good luck selling out booths next time around.

Any dealers who don't blow their books out at these shows don't make a decent profit.

These dealers with solid stock at/around FMV don't return.The dealers with box fulls of warehouse $3 bronze books return but when they do, it will be with boxes full of drek like a literal handful of VF-ish copies of What If#2.....all of their better books are bought by attendees at the previous years' show.

Then you have a 4-6 week period of 2 day cons every weekend, in the same area with a ton of subpar warehouse stock floating around the hall.

If the promoters don't wise up and actually promote their shows thru social media and forums like this board, the shows will stagnate and die.It really amazes me just how dense most convention promoters really are.

This is exactly why I set up at only a handful of conventions anymore.

^^

How do I sell it and get top dollar

Someone like me wouldn't give you tree fiddy for it.

Sell it on ebay is probably best bet. But don't get your hopes up, because you won't get much unless there are people out there who want to buy it for money. Plenty of obscure and rare stuff has limited real-world value because of so little demand for it.

How do I sell it and get top dollar

Someone like me wouldn't give you tree fiddy for it.

Sell it on ebay is probably best bet. But don't get your hopes up, because you won't get much unless there are people out there who want to buy it for money. Plenty of obscure and rare stuff has limited real-world value because of so little demand for it.

to get top dollar, its pretty simple.

1. Go to ebay.

2. Start an account, probably a store.

3. Sell about a thousand other comics, with free shipping that you mail out the same day as the purchase, with accurate grades and descriptions. Be kind and courteous, provide plenty of communication and make refunds simple.

4. Get positive feedback on every single transaction over a thousands of sales over a number of years. Build a huge and stellar ebay reputation, which will result in more business and lower fees.

5. List your item as your 2,000th listing, do it when listings are free and probably in the fall or spring, and set a high BIN about 15% over what you hope to get, and include a 'best offer' option.

Or you could get a TV ad during the Superbowl selling your item. I bet you'll achieve a top-dollar sale.

Have Trump or Clinton mention your item during a national debate.