• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo ComicCon September 2016 - Report

105 posts in this topic

Nice, did you get the price marked on the box or did you hand them 6 books from the $3-5 dollar boxes and then have them ask you for 50 bucks?

:censored:

lol

I was talking to Emil near the $3 - $5 boxes and absentmindedly flitting through the first couple of comics in a long box. Found a double cover just by touching it. Didn't even look at the book. Pulled it up and told Emil "I'll take it".

He glances at it and says, "That's $7".

IMG_20160917_223846345_zpsbzozskoi.jpg

Nice, did you get the price marked on the box or did you hand them 6 books from the $3-5 dollar boxes and then have them ask you for 50 bucks?

I believe I witnessed that craziness. There was a real mix of books at that end of the table, and the prices weren't clear at all.

If you were the guy who bought 5-6 Spideys and was surprised the price was $50 instead of $15, then I was looking through the boxes right next to you.

:tonofbricks:

I believe I witnessed that craziness. There was a real mix of books at that end of the table, and the prices weren't clear at all.

If you were the guy who bought 5-6 Spideys and was surprised the price was $50 instead of $15, then I was looking through the boxes right next to you.

:tonofbricks:

Might have been, I only had two Spideys, a dealer with a booth was loaded up on ASM's and that seemed to be going sideways when he was trying to purchase it, I saw him putting stuff back...that may have been after I was told $50 (shrug)

I know I circled around the buying dealer & paid $11 bucks for two Spideys & left the Conans from the 20's sitting on top of the boxes....I had to go to Home Depot in West Seneca for blinds meh

It was a mixed bag of dealers today, if you had the time there was good stuff to be found but half the stuff there wasn't in order..

looks fun, too bad i missed it. didnt know.

Didn't u guys have a convention a few weeks ago?? (shrug)

That CBCS table looks awfully busy (:

Yes, there was a show in the Buffalo Convention Center four weeks ago, run by Dave & Adams Card World.

This show was run by Queen City Books.

I did see people submitting a good number of books to CBCS.