• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Crime Comics - THREAD CLOSED

78 posts in this topic

Well in that case, I'll take the C&P 16. :):takeit:

^^:applause:

Thanks, Steve!

...and thanks for the assist on the sale, Tsp99 :D ....right you are indeed. Didn't notice that "SDD" on the cover until just now! (neither did mycomicshop, when I bought it from them 4 years ago :gossip: )

Crime Patrol #8, VG 4.0 (Apparent), $100

three-quarter-inch horiz. tear leading edge fc with a triangular chip; chip lower spine corner; full book-length vertical bend/crease that breaks color in spots (runs down through the “C” and “A”);

I bought this from a dealer as unrestored, but I’m thinking that I see a 1-¾” horiz tear on the leading edge fc that has been sealed...see pic below (and perhaps another half-inch one on the top edge fc)…looks like a pro job, because they’re very hard to see…of course, I’m no pro myself, so I could be wrong…but, I’m selling it as such; fantastic page quality, and presents great (which is why I didn't return it...taking the $$ hit for that choice now :P )

crimepatrol8b_f.jpg

crimepatrol8b_r.jpg

Here's a close-up of this suspected sealed tear:

crimepatrol8b_i1.jpg

...and from the front side (doesn't show much)...its just above the grille of that car

crimepatrol8b_i2.jpg

another splash page shot...you can see that tear/chip I mention at my index finger:

crimepatrol8b_i3.jpg

Crime SuspenStories #20, VG+ 4.5, $230 SOLD to Gregd

SOTI Illo #10 with caption, "Cover of a children's comic book."

center crease, doesn't break color all the way; bit of deglossing on fc (forehead), as if some sort of schmutz was on there (light has to hit it at the proper angle to see it...see pic below); note the JESSON'S stamp fc;

As you'll see in the scan, I bought this from Metro as a 5.5 :P

th_css20c_f.jpgth_css20c_r.jpgth_css20c_i1.jpg

Here's the forehead issue...light has to hit it just right:

th_css20c_f2.jpg

Crime Suspenstories #23, VG+ 4.5, $90 SOLD to Gregd

used in Senate Investigation into juvenile delinquency

big diag. crease back cover; cover edge chipping; foxing; big (but light) moisture stain on interior page at centerfold; diag cb crease urfc

th_css23_f.jpgth_css23_r.jpg

Crime SuspenStories #20, VG+ 4.5, $230

SOTI Illo #10 with caption, "Cover of a children's comic book."

center crease, doesn't break color all the way; bit of deglossing on fc (forehead), as if some sort of schmutz was on there (light has to hit it at the proper angle to see it...see pic below); note the JESSON'S stamp fc;

As you'll see in the scan, I bought this from Metro as a 5.5 :P

css20c_f.jpg

css20c_r.jpg

css20c_i1.jpg

Here's the forehead issue...light has to hit it just right:

css20c_f2.jpg

:takeit:

Crime Suspenstories #23, VG+ 4.5, $90

used in Senate Investigation into juvenile delinquency

big diag. crease back cover; cover edge chipping; foxing; big (but light) moisture stain on interior page at centerfold; diag cb crease urfc

css23_f.jpg

css23_r.jpg

:takeit:

Exposed #7, VG 4.0, $60 SOLD to ComCav

Illo #29 with caption, "Diagram for housebreakers."

book length vertical crease back cover (mild enough to avoid notice in the scan, but it's there); bit of staple rust/oxidation with a touch of migration at the centerfold; bit of FC creasing; half-inch tear top edge FC; moisture stain lower edge bc; half-inch vertical tear top edge FC

th_exposed7_f.jpgth_exposed7_r.jpg

Cool horror crossover story:

th_exposed7_i1.jpg

Famous Crimes #3, FR 1.0, $20

SOTI Mentioned in text, p. 112. Injury-to-the-eye motif.

a wreck of a book; chunks missing from spine; rusty staples; cover detached; moisture effects as seen in scan;

The good?...supple pages; cool blue Fox paper stock; central cover image presents well; book is complete; not one that turns up every day :grin:

famouscrimes3_f.jpg

famouscrimes3_r.jpg

famouscrimes3_i1.jpg

Fight Against Crime #15, VG- 3.5, $70 SOLD to ComCav

B&W & color illos in POP

Book is a little cattywhompus - that should press right back into shape, though :D ; wear/chip upper spine corner; tearing around staples at centerfold, but still holding strong; general wear/creasing

th_fightagainstcrime15_f.jpgth_fightagainstcrime15_r.jpg

th_fightagainstcrime15_i1.jpg