• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Crime Comics - THREAD CLOSED

78 posts in this topic

Fugitives From Justice #3, FN/VF 7.0, $80

minor tearing around staples; solid attachment; light edge wear; spine stress/wear

fugitives3_f.jpg

fugitives3_r.jpg

fugitives3_i1.jpg

Cool thing here (and the reason I own the book)...this book reprints a panel from Authentic Police Cases #6 that was used in SOTI, with some changes...shows less leg....go back in this very thread and look at the splash page to APC #6, then compare it with this page:

fugitives3_i2.jpg

Less leg showing, eh? If interested, you can read more about this here: http://lostsoti.org/AuthenticPoliceCases6.htm (shout out, Steve (worship) )

:censored: censorship lol

Finishing the evening's listings on a high note...with another EC :headbang:

International Comics #4, VG- 3.5, $75

Yes...this is a crime title...international crime and intrigue, actually. :cool: This title eventually morphed into Crime Patrol...

moisture stain lower spine corner goes through whole book; bc edge chippiness/tearing; general wear; three-quarter-inch margin tears on a few interior pages

international4b_f.jpg

international4b_r.jpg

international4_i1.jpg

Lawbreakers Always Lose #7, GD 2.0, $25

SOTI Illo #3 with caption, "Comic-book philosophy."

piece of tape upper spine; chipping/paper loss around edges as seen in scans; general wear; staples still holding everything nicely together all the way through; brittleness around the edges on the interior pages, but I just flipped through it and nothing is presently flaking off...still a serviceable copy.

lawbreakerslose7_f.jpg

lawbreakerslose7_r.jpg

EC's Shock SuspenStories was not a pure crime title, but it contained enough crime to squeeze it into this thread, I'd say...

Shock SuspenStories #2, FN 6.0, $135

1-1/2" diag crease llbc; crinkling upper edge fc; spine stress accum; fc pinhole just below the right knee of the guy on the ground

shockss2c_f.jpg

shockss2c_r.jpg

shockss2c_i1.jpg

EC's Shock SuspenStories was not a pure crime title, but it contained enough crime to squeeze it into this thread, I'd say...

Shock SuspenStories #2, FN 6.0, $135

1-1/2" diag crease llbc; crinkling upper edge fc; spine stress accum; fc pinhole just below the right knee of the guy on the

Just read this issue last night lying in bed.. Classic stories in this one. One of my favorites. The Ingles orphanage / Halloween story is great!

Recap of books still available:

PAGE 3

th_classicsill89_f.jpgth_classicsill89_r.jpgth_crimednp78_f.jpgth_crimednp78_r.jpg

Classics Illustrated #89, GD/VG 3.0, $5 POP illo.; HRN 89 (1st printing); overall wear; lots of cb creasing on the fc

Crime Does Not Pay #78, FN 6.0, $40 cover edge wear; bit of tearing around upper staple - still solid attachment

PAGE 5

th_crimepatrol8b_f.jpgth_crimepatrol8b_r.jpgth_css8b_f.jpgth_css8b_r.jpgth_css10b_f.jpgth_css10b_i1.jpgth_css10b_r.jpg

Crime Patrol #8, VG 4.0 (Apparent), $100 three-quarter-inch horiz. tear leading edge fc with a triangular chip; chip lower spine corner; full book-length vertical bend/crease that breaks color in spots (runs down through the “C” and “A”); I bought this from a dealer as unrestored, but I’m thinking that I see a 1-¾” horiz tear on the leading edge fc that has been sealed (and perhaps another half-inch one on the top edge fc)…looks like a pro job, because they’re very hard to see

Crime SuspenStories #8, FN+ 6.5, $150 1/8” triangle chip ulbc; staple oxidation; reading stress; bit of a bend down through the “R” upper fc

Crime SuspenStories #10, FN/VF 7.0, $170 edge wear; lower spine corner blunting; quarter-inch horiz. tear leading edge bc

PAGE 6

th_famouscrimes3_f.jpgth_famouscrimes3_i1.jpgth_famouscrimes3_r.jpg

Famous Crimes #3, FR 1.0, $20 SOTI Mentioned in text, p. 112. Injury-to-the-eye motif; a wreck of a book; chunks missing from spine; rusty staples; cover detached; moisture effects as seen in scan; The good?...supple pages; cool blue Fox paper stock; central cover image presents well; book is complete;

PAGE 7

th_fugitives3_f.jpgth_fugitives3_r.jpgth_fugitives3_i1.jpgth_international4b_f.jpgth_international4b_i1.jpgth_international4b_r.jpgth_justicetraps13_f.jpgth_justicetraps13_r.jpg

Fugitives From Justice #3, FN/VF 7.0, $80 minor tearing around staples; solid attachment; light edge wear; spine stress/wear

International Comics #4, VG- 3.5, $75 moisture stain lower spine corner goes through whole book; bc edge chippiness/tearing; general wear; three-quarter-inch margin tears on a few interior pages

Justice Traps the Guilty #13, VG/FN 5.0, $25 SOTI: Mentioned in text, p. 110-111; light pencil writing upper right back cover; top edge wear; diag. creases LRFC

th_lawbreakerslose7_f.jpgth_lawbreakerslose7_r.jpgth_shockss2c_f.jpgth_shockss2c_r.jpgth_shockss2c_i1.jpgth_shockss14c_f.jpgth_shockss14c_r.jpgth_shockss14c_i1.jpg

Lawbreakers Always Lose #7, GD 2.0, $25 SOTI Illo #3 with caption, "Comic-book philosophy." piece of tape upper spine; chipping/paper loss around edges as seen in scans; general wear; staples still holding everything nicely together all the way through; brittleness around the edges on the interior pages, but I just flipped through it and nothing is presently flaking off...still a serviceable copy.

Shock SuspenStories #2, FN 6.0, $135 1-1/2" diag crease llbc; crinkling upper edge fc; spine stress accum; fc pinhole just below the right knee of the guy on the ground

Shock SuspenStories #14, GD/VG 3.0, $55 Used in Senate Investigation hearings; back cover edge chipping; widespread fc creasing – urfc, along spine, etc.; interior cover tanning halos; cf detached lower staple

PAGE 8

th_warcrime5c_f.jpgth_warcrime5c_r.jpgth_warcrime5c_i1.jpg

War Against Crime #5, VG- 3.5, $70 moisture stain through entire book lrfc; general wear; pencil in "C" on fc, other pencil writing on the fc has been erased, but remnants still there; supple pages