• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink is also now SportsCardsLink!!!

35 posts in this topic

So does anyone that follows the card market know how their first auction went in prices realized?

What were some of the notable sales?

What did the Mantle card fetch?

Discuss :popcorn:

Jim

Link?

I didn't see anything on their main CL site.

Can someone provide a link? I looked all over and haven't found anything. I'm looking for an alternative to eBay to sell my doubles, unless someone here wants to trade comics for sportscards :grin:

It would take me about an hour to figure out who the cartoonist is on the third piece.

Its a pork cartoon from Times Colonist newspaper which has had at most 10 in house cartoonists.

I find this lazy.

Yeah, I agree with you there. A bit of research on their part, list the artist name, and it may not have ended with no bids.

I'll be the first to admit I don't know much about OA, but i would think knowing the name of the artist would add to the appeal.

I just sold a Nolan Ryan rookie BVG 5.0 for $300 at local card shop, he looked it up right in front of me told me it was worth $500, :cry: 300 is about what I paid for it whenever I bought it (couple years ago from beckett.com)

I guess I could have gotten more from the 'bay but didn't feel like going through the trouble

COMIC-relation: I'm using the money to pay to send my IH 181 to be graded, and a little towards student loans lol

If they're smart, they'll stick with cards valued at least $100 or more if not just rare vintage cards $1k+ rather than modern cards or stuff that's fairly common. And like with comics where they tend to stick with CGC, they should stick with only graded cards by PSA, SCG or BGS and nothing by other grading companies nor raw cards.

They should also consider a focus on non-sports cards, be it old movie cards, comic cards or MTG cards, since those tend to be the same collectors of comics, more so than sports cards.

If they don't assign the right experts, I see this business expansion the same way some comic stores expended their inventory to include beanie babies, sports cards and other non-comic pop culture memorabilia, then got into trouble entering into something they knew nothing about and selling based on perception rather than education.

If they're smart, they'll stick with cards valued at least $100 or more if not just rare vintage cards $1k+ rather than modern cards or stuff that's fairly common. And like with comics where they tend to stick with CGC, they should stick with only graded cards by PSA, SCG or BGS and nothing by other grading companies nor raw cards.

They should also consider a focus on non-sports cards, be it old movie cards, comic cards or MTG cards, since those tend to be the same collectors of comics, more so than sports cards.

If they don't assign the right experts, I see this business expansion the same way some comic stores expended their inventory to include beanie babies, sports cards and other non-comic pop culture memorabilia, then got into trouble entering into something they knew nothing about and selling based on perception rather than education.

SportscardLink has been holding auctions for years, including some extremely valuable cards. You can rest assured about the level of sports card expertise.