• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JURASSIC WORLD 2: FALLEN KINGDOM (6/22/18)

65 posts in this topic

JURASSIC WORLD 2 will be more suspenseful and scary than the first

While speaking with Jurassic Outpost (via Collider), Trevorrow teased that JURASSIC WORLD 2 director J.A. Bayona will be bringing his particular brand of skills to the sequel.

"It will be more suspenseful and scary. It’s just the way it’s designed; it’s the way the story plays out. I knew I wanted Bayona to direct it long before anyone ever heard that was a possibility, so the whole thing was just built around his skillset."

One of the criticisms lobbed at JURASSIC WORLD was that it relied a little too heavily on CGI dinosaurs and, with very few exceptions, didn't make good use of the animatronic dinosaurs. Colin Trevorrow defended his use of CGI dinos in JURASSIC WORLD as the types of movements made by the Indominus Rex wouldn't be easily attainable by an animatronic model.

"I think the lack of animatronics in Jurassic World had more to do with the physicality of the Indominus, the way the animal moved. It was very fast and fluid, it ran a lot, and needed to move its arms and legs and neck and tail all at once. It wasn’t a lumbering creature."

Thankfully it looks as though we can expect a little more animatronic goodness in the sequel.

"We’ve written some opportunities for animatronics into [Jurassic World 2]—because it has to start at the --script level—and I can definitely tell you that Bayona has the same priorities, he is all about going practical whenever possible. There will be animatronics for sure. We’ll follow the same general rule as all of the films in the franchise which is the animatronic dinosaurs are best used when standing still or moving at the hips or the neck. They can’t run or perform complex physical actions, and anything beyond that you go to animation. The same rules applied in Jurassic Park."

Edited by Bosco685

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM Wraps Production

a0d57332-2057-4bd1-8f9d-09fcb8d83d9e.jpg

After commencing production in late February, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom has finally completed principal photography. Director J.A. Bayona took to Twitter last night to make the announcement and was soon followed by posts from producers Frank Marshall and Colin Trevorrow. 

While it was previously rumored that we may get our first trailer for the highly anticipated film at San Diego Comic-Con next week, it looks increasingly unlikely now as it has been confirmed that Universal Pictures will not be in attendance at the annual convention. This likely means that we may have to wait until November, just like the last film, to get a proper look at the upcoming blockbuster.

7oEnx0P.jpg

bnATrgj.jpg

‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’ First Footage Shows Chris Pratt Petting Baby Raptor

3jussVS.png

Executive producer and screenwriter Colin Trevorrow has unveiled the first footage from “Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom,” showing Chris Pratt’s return as the raptor handler. The six-second teaser shows a dino hatchling cuddling up against Pratt.

Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard are returning for the sequel to the 2015 blockbuster “Jurassic World.” The new installment also stars Justice Smith, James Cromwell, Toby Jones, and Jeff Goldblum, who co-starred in 1993’s “Jurassic Park” and in 1997’s “The Lost World: Jurassic Park,” but was absent from “Jurassic World.” He played quick-witted mathematician Ian Malcolm, who managed to survive in both films.

I really wish they would go back and give us a proper Jurassic Park and Lost World again. Chrichton says about 20% of his novel made it into his screenplay. A lot of violence was toned down or just cut and big events were excluded due to budget. The novels were so much more entertaining than any of the films with a lot more going on plotwise as well as more dino-action. You see scenes like the birdcage in the third movie that was actually in the first novel. And The Lost World was just terrible. But they were box office monsters so no complaints. The first novel was fantastic and built tension with its seven (I think) iterations grouping a number of chapters and subplots as the system degraded. Now that I think about it, an HBO series of seven or eight episodes containing each iteration would be ideal. 

Edited by Reader

First full trailer and all I’m seeing is that they are stealing scenes from previous Jurassic movies. I’m still going to see it of course but come on. They are going back and risking their necks to save the dino’s? I really hope there is more to this. Visually it looks great, but that’s to be expected. 

Edited by Reader

Why do they always feel the need to include a kid? What self-respecting parent would ever bring or allow their child (regardless of age) to go on a job like this?

Yes, those were rhetorical questions, but every time I see it, it bothers me because it breaks immersion for me. I see the kid(s) and realize they're only in there because $$$

rantrant

2 hours ago, Antpark said:

Why do they always feel the need to include a kid? What self-respecting parent would ever bring or allow their child (regardless of age) to go on a job like this?

Yes, those were rhetorical questions, but every time I see it, it bothers me because it breaks immersion for me. I see the kid(s) and realize they're only in there because $$$

rantrant

It's always really bothered me too. I can't stand it. Bullchit storytelling. 

I loved the first 'Jurassic Park', but I swear every movie since then has felt like a rehashed, story-poor money grab.  This new one looks worse than the last one -- lots of CGI and running around, but little else to ground it in humanity.  I am finally going to pass altogether on a 'Jurassic' movie.

Dan