• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New case and oil looking puddling??

38 posts in this topic

--Recently got five of the new cases back and two have some of that puddling....I knew how to get rid of it or move it around with the old cases...The new cases seemed sealed on the sides, so what are we to do now??...I did try shaking the slab, and it moved a little...I know I don't want to waste money on return shipping and re-holder charges...

I got one like this a month or two ago. I put it aside while I pondered whether or not to send it back. Then I decided to send it back (they ruined it was what the wife, a muggle, said so I took that as a sign to send it back) and when I picked it up to get it packed I saw that much of the oily-ness had resolved. The spots where it exists are now just kinda dark. So I am keeping it. I have pics of it before, maybe I'll get some up with how it looks now for contrast.

The spots where it exists are now just kinda dark. .

So the appearance improves as the oil is absorbed into the comic?

...I knew how to get rid of it or move it around with the old cases...The new cases seemed sealed on the sides, so what are we to do now??...

Never thought of that, you're right. The old technique of using an envelope or something to separate the surfaces will no longer work. :screwy:

If this is the idea behind "resolved", then I'd hate to see how it looked before. Personally, they need to resolve this. An important primary goal of getting the book graded is not just grading, but also presentation. They really do look like dinner tv trays now with that garbage. I guess that's why they were hoping to get rid of the innerwell (that and time savings).

I think it would cost me $15k to reholder my books. Not if it's going to look like this. My dog, a no maj, agrees.

--mine aren't close to looking like that ss 4....much smaller in size and mostly concentrated along the right edge...

well, here it is about 6 weeks later

Ct9BZ-rWEAA6bvV.jpg

If I angle everything you can still see this

Ct9BZ-oW8AAf8q8.jpgCt9BZ-qWAAQqpYC.jpg

I was soooo disheartened when I got it that I just tossed it on my cluttered bar and it sat there while I stewed.

Personally, they need to resolve this. An important primary goal of getting the book graded is not just grading, but also presentation.

A third goal is to be able to discuss the graded book.

If everything were perfect we would have nothing to talk about.

Personally, they need to resolve this. An important primary goal of getting the book graded is not just grading, but also presentation.

You're on a roll right at the moment. Those mints have caffeine...?

--mine aren't close to looking like that ss 4....much smaller in size and mostly concentrated along the right edge...

Ct9BZ-rWEAA6bvV.jpg

If I angle everything you can still see this

Ct9BZ-oW8AAf8q8.jpgCt9BZ-qWAAQqpYC.jpg

I was soooo disheartened when I got it that I just tossed it on my cluttered bar and it sat there while I stewed.

Your bar is cluttered, too? So it's not just me. It becomes a holding area for some of my comics that I'm just not enthusiastic about adding to my collection.

I'd rather talk about the book, not what it's in either.

Ct9BZ-rWEAA6bvV.jpg

It doesn't even look that bad (shrug) If you have to angle it to really see it I don't think it's really a problem.

--yes--from some angles you see no oily looking stuff...other angles are worse...Will try to load a pic with the worst look to it...Have never had much success standard.html loading pictures here, but I will try again...

standard.html