• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stupidest Slabs you've come across.

28 posts in this topic

I've come across a few bizarro slabs before,but this has to be close to the worst.

An entire Silver Surfer run,with the #1 being a 5.0,with the majority being 4.5 or worse. The #6 is a 9.0 so the owner had something to compare the others to. Does anyone think he'll even come close to getting the costs of slabbing them back?

www.RobertEdwardAuctions.com

lot 1521 foreheadslap.gif

True, it does represent a bunch of poor choices rather than just one. I do remember seeing a seller on ebay who seriously had a dozen or more slabs in 4.0 or less shape and all of the books were early bronze. I think he had a copy of an Iron Man book in the 50s that was a 1.5.

Do any ebay search for lower grade CGC stuff and you can find slabs that are far dumber than those. Took me 10 seconds to find this POS... foreheadslap.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

First submisson maybe? confused-smiley-013.gif

Seriously, we all had to start somewhere...not an economically viable solution I agree, but I don't see the need to slam the books.

Do any ebay search for lower grade CGC stuff and you can find slabs that are far dumber than those. Took me 10 seconds to find this POS... foreheadslap.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...ssPageName=WDVW

I don't see the need to slam the books.

Isn't that the whole point of this thread? confused-smiley-013.gif I don't think anyone is slamming the books, just the fact that they were graded. confused-smiley-013.gif

I've come across a few bizarro slabs before,but this has to be close to the worst.

An entire Silver Surfer run,with the #1 being a 5.0,with the majority being 4.5 or worse. The #6 is a 9.0 so the owner had something to compare the others to. Does anyone think he'll even come close to getting the costs of slabbing them back?

www.RobertEdwardAuctions.com

lot 1521 foreheadslap.gif

Althought it doesn't seem to make much sense to slab books like this, it may be an example of what happens when an ebay seller that THINKS they know how to grade sends books to CGC. Perhaps they got front-cover-only-grading-itis.

Another explanation is this: I am a CGC member dealer. People contact me and submit their books through me. I have been asked to send it complete [#@$%!!!] books and on occasion they also want me to sell them for them on ebay. So this guy could be doing that. Although if it was me, I might be too embarrassed to sell a 4.0 modern X-Men on ebay.....

During my early days I sent in a few X-Men books that I figured would grade between 8.0 and 9.4. A couple of books were damaged during shipping to CGC, so I received a 5.5 on an X-Men #162, a 4.0 on and X-Men #106 and a 5.0 on X-Men #107. I gave the 162 away, and sold the other 2 on ebay together for $23. Things like this happen.

When I first looked at this thread, I thought the subject line said "stupidest SLOBS you've come across." I was going to say Hobgoblin.

1st " scumbag "...now "stupidest SLOB"?

You really got a hard-on for hobby. screwy.gif

When I first looked at this thread, I thought the subject line said "stupidest SLOBS you've come across." I was going to say Hobgoblin.

Got a problem with that? confused-smiley-013.gif

You have taken your crusade against him to 3+ thread now. Very interesting. hi.gif

popcorn.gif

You have taken your crusade against him to 3+ thread now. Very interesting. hi.gif

popcorn.gif

You want I should go for four? poke2.gif

You have taken your crusade against him to 3+ threads now. Very interesting. hi.gif

popcorn.gif

Do what thou willst. Fun reading. popcorn.gif

You have taken your crusade against him to 3+ threads now. Very interesting. hi.gif

popcorn.gif

Thanks for your blessing.

popcorn.gif

Thanks for your blessing.

I aim to please. acclaim.gif