• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Ditko Exhibition - photos now uploaded!

14 posts in this topic

Hi

Returned from my weekend trip to Spain today and have now uploaded a total of 48 photographs on my CAF.

Click onto my CAF link at the foot of this message and opt for the following Gallery:

Steve Ditko Exhibition - Palma, Spain 2016

The selection of photographs are selected highlights. Unfortunately, due to subdued lighting (and trying to reduce glare from the glass frames), I had to take my photographs minus the use of a flash (and in many cases at an angle where reflection was particularly bad).

Any idea why Palma / Spain was selected ?

Great pictures and thanks for sharing.

To make it easier for me to get to from the UK!

:jokealert:

Lots of interest for comic-strips in Europe, where it's a celebrated art-form. The exhibition was the brain-child of French collector, Paris Fred (Frederic Manzano), who is better qualified to answer your question as and when he sees your post.

Is everything not indicated as a "copy" in the description the real thing?

Yes, unless I've listed anything as a 'copy' everything else you see are originals.

David Mandel did not loan any of his Ditko originals to the exhibition but provided high-quality copies. . . the Creeper (Showcase) cover was a copy . . . as were the Amazing Fantasy # 15 story pages.

The bulk of the exhibition are originals on loan. I contributed two 1960s Captain Atom covers.