• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pedigree Comics has a new look

18 posts in this topic

Peter, have you actually bid on anything there? You know my feelings about Schmell and thus I won't even sign up to look into things there, but I gotta ask a question, is initial bid $1,000? Seems like there is not much action going on and everything with no bid says next bid is $1,000. That seems like you are going to turn away ALOT of business if you need to spend a minimum of $1,000.

This links to Edigree Comics...seems like there is a new player in town! Exciting !

the 1K reserve is nutso...

loads of pieces that have been floating around for a long time; lots of stuff from the Donnellys

I suspect much will go unsold

I feel like this is "comic art is getting more expensive, so all comic art is valuable"

it aint

This links to Edigree Comics...seems like there is a new player in town! Exciting !

the 1K reserve is nutso...

loads of pieces that have been floating around for a long time; lots of stuff from the Donnellys

I suspect much will go unsold

I feel like this is "comic art is getting more expensive, so all comic art is valuable"

it aint

Well said

In the 70s and 80s, the Donnellys had those full page ads in the Overstreet. They had a vast selection of aggressively priced 70s original artwork, some Frazetta inked drawings, etc. I found their mail order customer service to be terrible for a prepaid vintage OA panel page. Took over 4 months to get the art page and they sent me the wrong page. I just walked on by after that every time I saw the Donnellys awesome booth at SDCC in the 90s.

Peter, have you actually bid on anything there? You know my feelings about Schmell and thus I won't even sign up to look into things there, but I gotta ask a question, is initial bid $1,000? Seems like there is not much action going on and everything with no bid says next bid is $1,000. That seems like you are going to turn away ALOT of business if you need to spend a minimum of $1,000.

I think it's only most the art that has a minimum bid of $1000...

I will likely not bid on anything. Every Pedigree auction is the same. Freshly graded super high grade SA and BA stuff. Endless supply it would seem.

I've won several auctions on the site over the last several months. I've never had a problem with responses or shipping.

I think it's only most the art that has a minimum bid of $1000...

Some of the art, such as the Cavewoman pages by Budd Root, have an opening bid of only $100!

Upon first glance I thought you had updated your site to be responsive (which would have been a good idea). As soon as I shrank the screen size however I saw that not only was the site not a proper responsive site, you hadn't bothered to lock down the width to prevent the non-responsive design from wrapping poorly and having absolute positioned elements (ie your logo) overlap other page elements like the search.

This is why the site looks so bad on smaller devices and you really need to do something about it.