• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stupidest reasons to break out a book in Overstreet.

47 posts in this topic

So I guess we need to send Overstreet a message to change both Hulk #180 and FF #48 and probably a few hundred to say 1st brief appearances instead of cameo. Of course at the same time we could also tell them to get their pricing straightened out.

But back to subject:

My favorite, usually is the ones that say "25th Legion apearance" okay, maybe I exaggerated, but come on it seems like someone had this big thing for the legion, and noting the first few appearances is fine but what is the count up too?

Superboy 98 is down as the 18th. I thought they went to 20, but I also thought that was Superman 155, which isn't numbered. The ultimated stupidity is Adventure 289, "Legion cameo (statues)". 27_laughing.gif

Dunno why I'm laughing, I collect these things. blush.gif

Ask DKB about the ASM issue (208?)with the 1st appearance and origin of Calypso

Yeah, there's no no no no no reason the first appearance of Calypso should be worth almost twice as much as the books around it. Who the hell is Calypso now? Who was Calypso ever?

it was 209. Let's get the buzz out on this issue tongue.gif

77906321824.209.GIF

Calypso is Kraven's Jungle Fever Chocolate Honey - that alone should justify the $20 ($16?) breakout screwy.gif

but as DKB had said, OS probably bumped this up when Calypso was a big thing during McFarlane's 1990 first story arc on his separate "Spider-Man" title and never brought it back down to actual prices levels once her "glory" had faded out...

so she also appears in the "Get Kraven" maxi series 893scratchchin-thumb.gif I'll have to break that out and re-read it - any chance could she be Kravinov's real mom?