• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM "Whitman" copies being sold as variants - legal?

182 posts in this topic

If somebody who knows nothing about comics buys those issues for more than they're worth, more power to the seller. Those of us who know better, know better.

That's why CGC is in business. shy.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sure -- that's it. Just keep telling yourself that. Whatever it takes to get you thru the day, brother...

If somebody who knows nothing about comics buys those issues for more than they're worth, more power to the seller. Those of us who know better, know better.

What an absolutely idiotic remark to make... mad.gif

I wouldn't be bragging of "knowing any better" either. Your statement shows a general lack of common sense in regards to the hobby and downright stupidity if you're willing to support fleecing newbies with deliberate frauds. Just because a collector doesn't know better doesn't make taking advantage of their ignorance right. Where does this attitude come from? Did you get hosed regularly when you first started? Reagrdless, this isn't a hazing ritual all collectors need to go through and it's attitudes like yours that give all collectors a bad name.

Remind me to never give you any business should you decide to sell comics. Don't want to support a potential scammer...

Jim

That's why CGC is in business. shy.gif

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Sure -- that's it. Just keep telling yourself that. Whatever it takes to get you thru the day, brother...

27_laughing.gifsign-funnypost.gif

Yeah hobby was pretty blatent. Return to this thread and explain yourself! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I think he's off cowering in the corner...

No doubt...

There could be a name-change due soon. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah hobby was pretty blatent. Return to this thread and explain yourself! 893naughty-thumb.gif

I think he's off cowering in the corner...

No doubt...

There could be a name-change due soon. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Yeah after we've dealt with him it will be Hoblin Goblin 27_laughing.gif

Hobbie, showing your true colors, eh? Scumbag.

Hmmmm, can you post your shipping address FFB? I'd like to send these along to you.....

B0000VCZ70.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

OK, but first you send me your address so I can mail you a sunflower seed tied to a rubber band. You can use it as a jockstrap, since you still obviously don't have enough of a sack to post under your real ID. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hmmmm, can you post your shipping address FFB? I'd like to send these along to you.....

OK, but first you send me your address so I can mail you a sunflower seed tied to a rubber band. You can use it as a jockstrap, since you still obviously don't have enough of a sack to post under your real ID. confused-smiley-013.gif

sunflower seed might be pushing it, bro. i think there ain't no danglies to cover, so just some thick undergrowth might keep it out of harm's way

sunflower seed might be pushing it, bro. i think there ain't no danglies to cover, so just some thick undergrowth might keep it out of harm's way

Well, if nothing else the sunflower seed can protect his man-gina.

news.gifnews.gif........Is Hobgoblin Team America!!!????? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif............. popcorn.gif

Ive never had reason to believe that before now. I know how it feels to be compared to a shill mind you (i was apparently snooty) and it wasn't pleasant. So i don't know. Paranoia running wild? Or truth exposed. Check isp's!

hobby, that statement has fireball written all over it...

over 95% of the posters here have strong opposing views on this matter

I suggest locking all your doors and lay low until the hitmen

have stopped circling your house...

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

hobby, that statement has fireball written all over it...

over 95% of the posters here have strong opposing views on this matter

I suggest locking all your doors and lay low until the hitmen

have stopped circling your house...

27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

Hitman%202.jpgHobgoblin.gifinsane.gif

foreheadslap.gif

foreheadslap.gif

poke2.gif

Yes, I was being rhetorical in my questioning. I had a particular auction in mind too but now can not find it. I even went so far as to contact the buyer and inquire why they thought it was a variant. They did not know other than that the auction stated it was. They also had not received yet to indicate differentiating markings on the book, which they will not find. It was from a VERY reputable seller and VERY knowledgeable ASM person. I questioned the seller, from whom I have previously bought, and never got a response. I was not questioning his/her morality but rather if there were any distinguishing marks that would indicate it was a Whitman(I knew there wasn't). It sounds as if the majority of responders to this post find it abhorrent and I do also. I found an issue of ASM the other day that has Parker in the shower. All flesh is exposed with the exception of the waist area. I thought, muck like the Elextra(v2 #3?) "nude" issue, I would sell it as the "nude" variant. There is much more flesh in it and many other comics I might add, than the Elektra issue. Then again, maybe I won't. It wouldn't be nice to the grandmother that bought it thinking it was something special:)

DOWN WITH THE SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!

Yes, I was being rhetorical in my questioning. I had a particular auction in mind too but now can not find it. I even went so far as to contact the buyer and inquire why they thought it was a variant. They did not know other than that the auction stated it was. They also had not received yet to indicate differentiating markings on the book, which they will not find. It was from a VERY reputable seller and VERY knowledgeable ASM person. I questioned the seller, from whom I have previously bought, and never got a response. I was not questioning his/her morality but rather if there were any distinguishing marks that would indicate it was a Whitman(I knew there wasn't). It sounds as if the majority of responders to this post find it abhorrent and I do also. I found an issue of ASM the other day that has Parker in the shower. All flesh is exposed with the exception of the waist area. I thought, muck like the Elextra(v2 #3?) "nude" issue, I would sell it as the "nude" variant. There is much more flesh in it and many other comics I might add, than the Elektra issue. Then again, maybe I won't. It wouldn't be nice to the grandmother that bought it thinking it was something special:)

DOWN WITH THE SCAMMERS!!!!!!!!

yes, well, at least you aren't trying to pass off a common as a "rare 40c variant" now, are ya? huh? are ya?

This features as one of the very scarce variant covers with the expanded price tag and not many of this version were made.

maybe it's Hobgoblin's auction hail.gif