• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

...Astonishing Tales #1-#36 CGC registry set completed (9.2 to 9.8 CGC)

17 posts in this topic

Thought I'd post a quick update. As many of you know, I've been working on finishing a registry set (picon2) of Astonishing Tales from #1 to #36 in high grade and managed to recently complete it.

I'd like to thank a number of board members who provided books and/or pointed me in the right direction. Thanks to Barton (Ghost Town), Bill (NP Gresham), Ben (Webeloobie), and Troy (Harley Troy).

Also a number of auction sites including eBay, Charm City Comics, Comiclink, World Wide Comics, Metropolis Comics and Pedigree Comics provided nice examples of CGC graded comics.

It was a lot of fun to complete. Now on to something else.

Paul~

Impressive and fascinating...

Did you purchase most of them CGC graded or bought raw and then submitted them?

Most difficult one to find?

All were bought CGC graded with the exception of #14, #20, and #25 which were raw and submitted. The hardest issue to find was #14 because it is a picture frame book which shows every color breaking crease. The #14 and the #20 are both 9.2 CGC. I got lucky on the 25 which came back CGC 9.6.

Thanks,

Paul~

Do you have a list (or pics) of the books?
Unfortunately, I don't have a decent scanner (probably should invest in one ). All of the books are listed on the registry under picon2 with the grades for each issue. Paul~

Thanks for the kind words. It was fun putting the set together. Any opinions on whether or not I should try to add the two thirty cent variants, #35 and #36. Thanks as always. Paul~