• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Finite One-Shot Thread

39 posts in this topic

Being humiliated roundly by A Morally Aberrant Newbie wink.gif

I wonder if anyone will be able to crack your code. tongue.gif Nice books, Pov. thumbsup2.gif

I don;t know. It is a cybergenic muti-crc rathskell code using a huffman variant. Very difficult!

Come ON folks! We need one-shots. Now this week I recieved three new 1-shots. All precode horror and all counting (obviously) against my prte-code horror 1-issue-of-every-title "type set".

So here be the first - compliments of Shiverbones! (well, I paid him money but still...)

I have often said I am no fan of painted covers as a general rule (Schomburg airbrush definitely excluded from that, of course) but this has always been a fave cover and I feel the paintedness adds to the effect. A fine Fawcett one-shot.

unknownworld.jpg

A real gem from Avon. One of my favorites. Been looking for a decent copy for a long time now. Hollingsworth cover - and what a cover. Talk about a skull theme! One skull in the top right logo. Two skull-headed denizens. One skull belt-buckle. Two skulls just kind of lying around for effect. Three skull lanterns. Yet subtle, not overpowering.

diaryofhorror.jpg

Can I get any more mileage out of this one?

Yes, by getting the sticker out of the way!

Cool promo. Year? Who drew it? Is that a hidden signature above the guy's head on the right?

Jack

Sorry about taht sticker...I need to dig that sucker up a do a re-scan, definitely. My scanner is cr&p, though, and I'm hoping to get a new one shortly.

Don't quote me on this, but I believe Crackdown was published in 1950? Will haveta double-check, as it's not listed in OS. Haven't a clue as to who drew it.

No hidden sig, though. It's a keeper!

Sweeeeet books, Pov. I'm jealous; I have none of those. I passed on a vfish copy of Dead who Walk several years ago. The price was too high, but I haven't seen one in nice shape in forever that was not at a nosebleed price.

Btw, why the dislike for painted covers? I adore the Ziff-Davis stuff...I think a run of Z-D books would be killer! Deliciously pulpy books.