• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

God Particle (Cloverfield 3) - 2/24/2017

57 posts in this topic

Made me think.

How come there are no comic series named "The God Particle". It sounds kick-.

I would buy it just for the title and cover alone whatever the publisher or whoever the creators.

But it would suit Hickman, and probably Dell Otto, Zulli.

10 Cloverfield Lane was as much of a sequel to Cloverfield as Halloween 3 was a sequel to the first two.

As in not at all.

I did read an article that made some ties between the two movies - basically little Easter eggs that are almost impossible to decipher - but I have no idea what Abram's long term plans are.

Did you see both movies?

Of course. Otherwise I wouldn't be commenting on their content.

Then you know it wasn't a sequel in any sense of the word.

Did you read the article that I was referencing? ;)

http://screencrush.com/10-cloverfield-lane-connections-clues-cloverfield/

Like I said, the author of the article does connect the two movies with a few Easter egg clues, but so far no real tangible connection to the story line.

10 Cloverfield Lane was as much of a sequel to Cloverfield as Halloween 3 was a sequel to the first two.

As in not at all.

Halloween III was supposed to be the first in a new direction for the franchise, with each movie being a stand alone. The series would have been much cooler as an anthology, rather than the same Mike Myers regurgitations every few years that we ended up with. H III is pretty underrated actually, though it has gotten a lot of love over the past 5-10 years as people give it another look.

As in not at all.

Halloween III was supposed to be the first in a new direction for the franchise, with each movie being a stand alone. The series would have been much cooler as an anthology, rather than the same Mike Myers regurgitations every few years that we ended up with. H III is pretty underrated actually, though it has gotten a lot of love over the past 5-10 years as people give it another look.

I liked H3, but my point stands that it was as much a sequel as 10 Cloverfield Lane.

Tom Atkins is the man. Ever see Night of the Creeps? :cloud9:

As in not at all.

I did read an article that made some ties between the two movies - basically little Easter eggs that are almost impossible to decipher - but I have no idea what Abram's long term plans are.

Did you see both movies?

Of course. Otherwise I wouldn't be commenting on their content.

Then you know it wasn't a sequel in any sense of the word.

Did you read the article that I was referencing? ;)

http://screencrush.com/10-cloverfield-lane-connections-clues-cloverfield/

Like I said, the author of the article does connect the two movies with a few Easter egg clues, but so far no real tangible connection to the story line.

No, I didn't read it. I used my eyes and brain.

Right, so neither of us know at this point whether Abrams is planning on tying the series together in some way or if he's just teasing people with the Easter eggs.

Right, so neither of us know at this point whether Abrams is planning on tying the series together in some way or if he's just teasing people with the Easter eggs.

He could tie Star Wars to Star Trek if he jumped through enough hoops. C'mon dude, this isn't rocket surgery.

He could tie Star Wars to Star Trek if he jumped through enough hoops. C'mon dude, this isn't rocket surgery.

Well he already put the Enterprise in Star Wars so you could say hes already done it.

You seem to have your mind made up. I'm not saying they are related. I'm not saying they are not related.

So my question to you is why would there be any similarities in Easter eggs between the two?

You seem to have your mind made up. I'm not saying they are related. I'm not saying they are not related.

So my question to you is why would there be any similarities in Easter eggs between the two?

I guess Predator 2 was a sequel to Alien then :makepoint:

I just take it as if the story continues, it will be revealed how they are related. (shrug)

That's the loose understanding I have. Of course, it's entirely possible that Abram is teasing everyone, but nobody except for him really knows.

I just take it as if the story continues, it will be revealed how they are related. (shrug)

That's the loose understanding I have. Of course, it's entirely possible that Abram is teasing everyone, but nobody except for him really knows.

He could be standing in front of me and telling me to my face that it was a sequel and I would tell him to stuff it :P

Cloverfield 3’s Marketing Has Taken An Interesting Step Forward

Folks on the internet have been looking for the official start of a campaign similar to that of the previous Cloverfield films, and in their efforts, they found that Tagruato's home page was back up after being supposedly knocked offline because of some outdated code sometime last year. While the site's message of technical difficulties leans into that real life theory, there's a new message that's been discovered as obscured below the error message on the page. The text roughly reads as follows:

Tokyo -- January 18 2018 Tagruato has begun development on a revolutionary new energy technology. In what CEO Garo Yoshida called a technological great leap forward for our planet, this renewable technology will take at least 4 year to complete, with along with another six years International regulatory bodies to bring the powerful revolutionary energy source by April 18 2028.

This occurrence comes after months of downtime, as the ARG for the new Cloverfield film had supposedly started at San Diego Comic Con last summer, with some fans receiving power banks branded with the Tagruato logo on them. It looks like the subject of power generation is still the common thread between the two components of the viral campaign currently underway, and that's just about right when you think back to what God Particle was initially reported as being about.

In the initial phases of information, director Julius Onah's God Particle was reported as a film about an incident with a particle accelerator, which renders the planet Earth invisible to the crew of the International Space Station. Though it should be noted that writer Oren Uziel did state that the film was re-written to become a part of the Cloverfield universe, so this may or may not still be the case. Whatever is about to happen, it sounds like Tagruato's experiment with this new power source is going to backfire in an epic and frightening way. Though we can't say we haven't been warned.

Official CLOVERFIELD 3 Title Possibly Revealed To Be 'CLOVERFIELD STATION' By Crew Member's LinkedIn Listing

As per JJ Abrams' Mystery Box; The third installment in the Cloverfield franchise has been surrounded by secrecy, but now it appears that its official title may have been mistakenly revealed by a crew member's LinkedIn profile.

Ray Xu, a lighting artist for the movie, has listed the movie's title as:

Cloverfield Station

This title fits nicely into the naming scheme laid-out by the previous installments; The first simply titled, Cloverfield, and it's sequel, 10 Cloverfield Lane.

After being delayed multiple times, the movie finally settled on a release date of April 20th 2018. An online ARG was just recently launched to coincide with the movie and a trailer is expected to land next month, coinciding with Paramount's next major theatrical release, Annihilation.

Netflix in Talks to Acquire 'Cloverfield' Sequel From Paramount

Netflix is in talks to acquire God Particle from Paramount, the studio that made the latest thriller from J.J. Abrams’ Cloverfield movie series.

Sources say it is unclear if a deal will be made, but if the ink does dry, it will come on the heels of Paramount’s December deal with Netflix in which it unloaded the new Alex Garland-directed movie, Annihilation, on the digital streamer, which picked up all international territories except domestic from the studio. Paramount was set to release God Particle on April 20.

The culling of Paramount’s release slate is being spearheaded by chairman Jim Gianopulos, sources tell The Hollywood Reporter. The exec took over the reins last spring, watching the movies he had inherited and making some hard choices.

“He sat down and looked at what is theatrical, what is not in this day and age,” says one source. Certain movies were not making the cut.

Paramount has produced and released two Cloverfield films to great profitability. The pics took unique perspectives on what were traditionally big-budget movies. Cloverfield, released in 2008 and directed by Matt Reeves, was a found-footage monster movie made for $25 million that grossed $80 domestically. 10 Cloverfield Lane (2016) was a contained alien invasion movie that cost even less and made $72 million domestically.

However, God Particle, which was also known as Cloverfield Station, seemed to eschew the model from the get-go. Its budget was in the $40 million-plus range, and its cast was more established, boasting David Oyelowo, Ziyi Zhang, Daniel Bruhl, Elizabeth Debicki and Gugu Mbatha-Raw.