• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Value Question All Select 10

13 posts in this topic

So I picked this book up recently and I wanted to get some thoughts on what people thought it's retail value would be.

All Select 10 CGC 9.6 Big Apple Pedigree. Highest Graded

allselect10cgc96.jpg

allselect10cgc96bk.jpg

Yes I realize some people may have seen this on ebay but I don't think that was the best format for a book like this, so just wondering if other agree or not.

Thanks in advance

James G

I think it's value is what it auctioned for on eBay. I don't think it would be worth significantly more or less in a different auction.

Awesome book.

I agree that eBay is a great indication of correct value. There are plenty of ebayers that don't want to deal with the auction houses (and the vig, which in some cases are becoming rediculous!). eBay's final hammer is what someone is truly willing to pay, without having to factor in an extra 25% to the house.

At only about four times what a decent looking raw VG BINned for, it seems like a pretty good deal for a 9.6 pedigree. I'm guessing that had it been a war cover it would have sold for much more.

Why would ebay not be a good format ? The highest sale to date of a comic book was auctioned off on ebay. There are plenty of eyes on ebay, many of them of fellow board members.

Reasons why this may not be a good indicator of value.

Ebay live auction

Smaller auction house

No back cover and smaller scans

Books was burried in the auction

Only up for a short period

There are plenty of people that DONT watch or bid on ebay auctions.

I dont see ebay as the best venue to maximize certain types of books and i think this is a book that could preform much better if pumped up some with a bigger auction.

James G