• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! JUNK THREAD! Old Comics, Premiums, Toys & More!

111 posts in this topic

Hey Gang! This thread is for the unfortunate 'po people here who can't afford the big current auction house stuff. (Although, I hope to make one big book mine...) This thread will have the usual mix of old, weird comics, premiums and a few toys just because I like 'em. Mostly lower grade stuff that I have recently upgraded, scored in the wild or dug from the junk pile. Thread crapping, bickering and the "oh I wanted that" are all welcome. Have fun!

Rules:

No problem children or HOS members.

Postage is $4.50 each for comics, very well packaged. I will combine postage on multiple purchases. All will come with tracking. Postage on other items will be noted in the listing.

I prefer to sell only to US addresses but might make an exception if I know you.

PM's and offers... I am trying to sell this stuff and want to get as much listed as I can. I try to price fairly. I probably won't have a lot of time to review PMs if I want to get this stuff listed. An "I'LL TAKE IT" icon takes it first. So, keep that in mind if you want something. When I get done, I will review PMs (in order of when they came in). If you have a question (other than a lower offer) post it and I will try to answer you.

Payment is by PayPal within 3 days FIRM. I will also take checks and money orders if you let me know after I send you an invoice.

Returns: No hassle returns within two weeks from when tracking says it was delivered. Return postage is on you unless I make a gross error and in that case I will "man-up" and pay return postage. I don't expect any returns though as I've only had 3 or 4 in 40 years.

This stuff all comes from a smoke filled, varmit infested, mouldy junk house. (Just kidding!) Here we go...

SOLD!

First up!

Fight Comics #42 Feb 1946

Last WWII cover. Full of great Friction House good girl art including a nice Tiger Girl story by Matt Baker.

A bright, flat complete copy with very nice color. Spine is rolled (as printed). Small 2" tear at bottom spine. Bottom staple is popped but top staple is hanging on. Slight dust shadow on back cover. Book and centerfold are still bound well to book. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

$65.00

fight42a_zpsru0ezwem.jpg

fight42b_zpsnf9ztnua.jpg

First up!

Last WWII cover. Full of great Friction House good girl art including a nice Tiger Girl story by Matt Baker.

A bright, flat complete copy with very nice color. Spine is rolled (as printed). Small 2" tear at bottom spine. Bottom staple is popped but top staple is hanging on. Slight dust shadow on back cover. Book and centerfold are still bound well to book. Interior paper is yellowed but supple with no tears or creases.

$65.00

fight42a_zpsru0ezwem.jpg

I'll Take It

fight42b_zpsnf9ztnua.jpg

I'll Take It

Strange Worlds #5 Aug 1959

Cool book with art by Kirby and Ditko

Flat, clean, tight, bright complete copy. Tiny chip out at bottom right corner of cover. Long, thin "subscription" crease down center. Light spine wear and some light wrinkles. Couple tiny edge tears in back cover.Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple with no tears, missing pieces or creases.

WAS $50.00 NOW $45.00

strangeworlds5a_zpsibhhmqlt.jpg

strangeworlds5b_zpsdtvvhyas.jpg

Rick -- did you mean to post the :take it: with your quote? It's buried in the middle, not at the end of the quote.

Yes. Hard to do this on the phone..... while driving. :jokealert:

Rick put your phone away. Safe driving only....

Rick -- did you mean to post the :take it: with your quote? It's buried in the middle, not at the end of the quote.

At least my wife will see this forum in my browser history and know where to dump my collection. :angel:

Only continuing this because Bob said "threadcrapping" was encouraged.

Hap Hazzard #19 March 1948

Great good girl art title. This is one of the best issues cover wise. Headlights to the extreme!

A well worn some what fragile copy. Complete and bright but issues. Cover is detached and chippy at spine. Several tears and a tiny piece out of bottom right corner. Small pieces out of back cover at bottom. Inside covers are tanning. Can be read carefully and displays well in mylar. Interior paper is lightly tanned but very supple with no issues. Centerfold is tight to book. A low grade filler of a tough issue.

$30.00

haphazzard19a_zpsboog1zid.jpg

haphazzard19b_zpsnamzz4kj.jpg

First up!

$65.00

fight42a_zpsru0ezwem.jpg

I'll Take It

fight42b_zpsnf9ztnua.jpg

I'll Take It

You got it Rick! (and away as much as you want!)

At least my wife will see this forum in my browser history and know where to dump my collection. :angel:

My wife will probably rent a dumpster... Drive safe my friend, it's only funny books!

My wife will probably rent a dumpster... Drive safe my friend, it's only funny books!

I'm actually just sitting here in my closet sorting books

I am doing this on my phone though. That part is true.

doh!

Something a little different...

1930's Langendorf Bread "Phantom Pilot's Badge" This is a local West Coast radio show. A little hard to find even out here. Excellent condition with full color and a shiny brass background. Has original pin on back just ready to pin on your flight jacket!

WAS $35.00 NOW $30.00 + $2.50 postage

pilotbadge_zpstqatuhvg.jpg

We don't want to know what you're "really" doing on your phone...

Pogo Possum #1 Oct-Dec 1949

Classic Walt Kelly stuff. Funny animal stuff just doesn't get much better. A fat 52 page issue to boot.

A bright, clean complete copy. Has some spine wear and a light stain in upper right corner. Book is neatly detached from cover and lightly tanned inside cover. Centerfold is also neatly detached. Average light reading wear with several small creases and edge tears. Interior paper is yellowed but very supple.

$25.00

pogo1a_zpsps6a9p98.jpg

pogo1b_zpscdvcoqqe.jpg

SOLD!

Crime Mysteries #11 Sept. 1952

Awsome GGA "strangler" cover. All horror/crime contents inside. Devil girl story. Violent stuff. AC Hollingsworth story.

A rough complete reader. Book is lightly water stained throughout. Neat 3-1/2" lower spine split. Numerous small creases and edge tears. Cover and centerfold still bound well to covers.Interior paper is nice and supple. A cheap reader/hole filler of a tough issue.

$25.00

crimemysteries1_zpsfxg0dtww.jpg

crimemysteries2_zpsce3v26hy.jpg