• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED! JUNK THREAD! Old Comics, Premiums, Toys & More!

111 posts in this topic

Dang! That War Ships was awesome

Agreed.

We have a famous italian equivalent (with all kinds of war machinery) illustrated by our own, awesome Kurt Caesar. :)

Would have loved to grab this

Thanks for the info. That made for a nice trip to Google.

Hey gang, back from the flea market. Got a few things including a few old comics even. I will be listing them as well as my planned fare in about 10 minutes. So grab a comfortable chair and a cold one. Let the dogs out or whatever. I will try to pound out as much as I can today to convince you to part with that hard earned money. Alright, fingers on that 'ole refresh button...

I do not mean to spam RM's thread, but since I suspect he might enjoy it as well, the cover to the italian magazine is this one (title translates as "Our war's machines"):

BGs17FYm.jpg

Kurt Caesar has been one of the most important authors of the wartime period, and also in the 1950s with science fiction covers – I am planning to write a short biography to present him better in english. :)

You have a pair of episodes of his "sky pirate" themed stories translated for the US market in "Sky Blazers" #1-2.

Alrighty then, first one up...

Animal Comics #20 April-May 1946

Great Walt Kelly art. Next to Carl Barks, one of the great Dell artists.

A bright, colorful, tight complete copy. Has several corner and spine creases that do not break color. A tiny "bump" in bottom of spine. And a couple tiny edge tears on right side.

$20.00

animal1_zpsikzy1khc.jpg

animal2_zpseb20ohat.jpg

Our Army at War #22 May 1954

Bright, tight complete copy. Has a small water wrinkle on right side that goes through whole book. A few minor creases and bends on spine. Average wear but no tears or pieces missing. Book and centerfold bound well to covers. Interior paper is off white and supple with no tears or creases.

$25.00

armyatwar1_zpsl76ztann.jpg

armyatwar2_zpsggxkegfv.jpg

SOLD!

Henry Aldrich #8 Oct-Nov 1951

Great good girl art cover with cool teenage stories inside.

A real nice, tight, flat complete copy. A few light bends with no creasing and does not break color. Smooth tight spine. No tears or missing pieces. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers.Two very tiny "8"'s in ink on cover. Interior paper is fresh and supple with no tears or creases. Very sharp copy.

$15.00

henryaldrich1_zpsqqtagnaq.jpg

henryaldrich2_zpsisfreb82.jpg

A real nice, tight, flat complete copy. A few light bends with no creasing and does not break color. Smooth tight spine. No tears or missing pieces. Book and centerfold bound tight to covers.Two very tiny "8"'s in ink on cover. Interior paper is fresh and supple with no tears or creases. Very sharp copy.

$15.00

:takeit:

Everybody liked the War Ships book I guess I sold to cheep yesterday... So here is another cool WWII Naval book for you.

Navy Heroes #1 1945 Curtis Pubs.

Great Japanaze Pear Harbor splash on first page. All comics in this one. Full of WWII violence and sterotypes. Lots of war propaganda.

A bright, tight complete copy. Front cover has some light chipping on right side. Back cover has some chipping at top spine. A couple small edge tears on back cover as well. Book and centerfold are still bound to covers but some bug damage on spine. Interior paper is yellowed but supple and nice.

$20.00

navyheroes1_zpsog5y2gpi.jpg

navyheroes2_zpsnlhpnukq.jpg

$15.00

:takeit:

Sold to SushiX! Thanks for the purchase!

SOLD!

OK one of my favorite Matt Baker books!

Movie Comics #4 1947 Friction House Pubs

Has loads of GGA including Mitzi of the Movies by Baker. Some of his best work I think. I love the way she breaks the panels so we can get a shot of all her "atributes". I believe the Slave Girl story is by Baker as well. If not, he sure must have helped out on it.

A tight, complete copy. Book is a little "dirty". Has a small hole in title in the "O". Serveral small edge and spine tears.Neat upper spine split about 1-1/2" long. Book and centerfold well attached to covers. Interior paper is slightly tanned but very supple and should be fine till well after we are gone.

$50.00

movie4a_zpsltbozkzi.jpg

movie4b_zpstpyvqdxx.jpg

movie4c_zpsbhkwh7oa.jpg

movie4d_zpsfesxcgp7.jpg

SOLD!

Prize Comics #13 Aug 1941

OK, this one is a hot mess but it's about as cheap as you will ever find one. These have really heated up because they are a great read cover to cover and tough to find.

I say it again, a hot mess... Covers are split, detached and ragged. It is missing all but the first page of the Green Lama story. The Owl, Dr. Frost, Yank and Doodle and Frankenstein by Breifer all appear complete. Interior paper is nice and supple and has attached centerfold. A total beater of a rare book.

$65.00

prize1_zpsivmzj80j.jpg

prize2_zpsz29t3qyq.jpg

World of Fantasy #12 June 1958 Atlas Pubs

A very nice book with a beautiful Bill Everett cover!

A beautiful, bright, clean, tight complete copy with tons of gloss. Has a Tiny 1/4" piece out of top right cover. A tiny bump at bottom spine and a tiny 1/4" right edge tear. A few minor folds or creases that do not break color. Small grease pencil "D" on cover. Book and centerfold are tight to covers. Supple, white pages. A recent upgrade that I had trouble deciding which one to keep.

WAS $60.00 NOW $50.00

worldofantasy12a_zps642oygqd.jpg

worldofantasy12b_zps2juvgedn.jpg

Little Lulu 1944 Paint book Whitman Publishing #669

Awsome 94 page book with early Lulu art by Marge.

A really beautiful copy. Flat, square and tight spine with no pieces missing. No tears or creases. Has 12 pages very neatly partially colored. Fresh off white interior paper.

WAS $35.00 NOW $30.00

lulupaintbook1_zpscmfdvnau.jpg

lulupaintbook2_zps0hhrb8yi.jpg

Fight Comics #51 Aug 1947 Friction House Pubs

Cool bondage cover. This book is loaded with good girl art. Has origin of Tiger Girl by Matt Baker. Lingerie, bondage and the usual FH fare.

Nice, clean, tight complete copy with very nice color. Has a small hole about 1/2" at middle of spine and a tiny chip out of top right corner of front cover. Afew small lower and upper right corner creases that do not break color. Small spine tear in back cover at top. Book and centerfold still attached to covers. Interior paper is off white to white.

WAS $70.00 NOW $60.00

fight51a_zpsqomtt49f.jpg

fight51b_zpskqgce0xz.jpg

SOLD!

Lana #1 Aug 1948

Cool Marvel teenage stuff with movie starlets. A fat, heavy issue. A recent upgrade.

This book is complete.Top right corner is chewed and torn (no art affected). Interior pages are split and detached in center. Staples are rusty. Small lower spine split. Nice color and interior paper is pretty supple. Can be read easily. Very low grade but a decent filler cheap.

$25.00

lana1a_zpsldw2w9vj.jpg

lana1b_zpsknxq4x4f.jpg