• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hulk 181 and the USPS...
1 1

33 posts in this topic

I got the comic back from CGC today. All is well. Comic is safe and was protected. I have to give a huge shout out to Dale Roberts. Extremely professional and took care of this for me. Its hard to find good sellers that you can trust. Big thumbs up.

30959935640_1750a3598a_c.jpg

Thanks for being easy to work with Kevin. Took a little time to get it to CGC, a press, and then back through the system. but worked out great.

I got the comic back from CGC today. All is well. Comic is safe and was protected. I have to give a huge shout out to Dale Roberts. Extremely professional and took care of this for me. Its hard to find good sellers that you can trust. Big thumbs up.

Dale is a great seller! Top notch!

Glad it worked out for you. (thumbs u

those photos look like something out of a horror movie or a murder scene...grats on getting that lovely book slabbed back safe an sound..

Yes, when I opened the box, I swear I heard the score from Psycho.

Glad it all worked out and a good thing you bought from Dale.

That being said, I just mailed out a couple of CGC books. Nothing of value like this Hulk 181 but I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep much until they get there safe and sound. Ah the joys of mailing packages - :cry:

On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 11:05 PM, kevhtx said:

The 9.0 lives on to fight another day!!  :ph34r:

On 12/1/2016 at 6:26 PM, Inhuman Fiend said:

Glad all is well. Those impact points were bizarre though, looks to me like somebody literally stepped on it!

I agree too. If it was dropped (and landed on its back or front) there would be no damage .. if dropped on any of its edges, the impact points would be .. well .. on its edges. It looks like this package was dropped .. landed on its back .. and (looking at the impact point) stepped on. Very happy everything worked out in the end.

Edited by Kenners
Punctuation

On 2016-11-07 at 8:16 PM, jools&jim said:

An thin, re-used computer box (which appears to be nearly form-fitting for the slab) and a few strips of foam rubber for a $3200 key book? Very, very poor form on the seller's part...

Yup - A diamond box would have fared better on this I bet ...