• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undisclosed Restoration Scam Showcase 22 Alert

35 posts in this topic

He had a buyer for the book? Then why not just let that buyer make the original purchase in the first place? Why play the part of middle man?

because - HE wanted to make the $$$$$

find it hard to believe that he had to crack it out for the buyer - even if the buyer did want the book out (and did not - you do that AFTER the sale is set and at least a down payment received).....

No mention of the pieces added either. Guess that was also an oversight...AGAIN He sent me a PM to which I have put him on ignore as I don't deal with these shenanigans

Thanks for calling me out on this ... I don't want to mislead anyone so I changed the listing to reflect the slight color touch ... I did not buy this book to crack it out and sale it on ebay that was not my intention ... I bought it for A customer who was looking for a key and this one struck their liking ... They have not delivered on the payment for this book and have now stated they will not be able to do so... I panicked ... I need to get my money back out of this and ebay seemed like a good way to do it ... The original buyer wanted it cracked out ... So now I am stuck with a book that I need to get my money back out of and no buyer... so ebay was my answer ... I listed the book but left out the color touch on the listing because I am scared to death about losing money on this book... That doesn't make it right but that's the truth ... I appreciate you calling me out I was really dealing with a moral choice here and I was letting money drive me to compromise those mora

ls ... But i shouldn't let my troubles affect other people ... So I ended the listing and started it fresh ... I apologize and once again thank you for telling me what i already knew

I'll let you guys pick this apart.

I got this far....

I did not buy this book to crack it out and sale it on ebay

giphy.gif

lol

He's got it up again with the color touch in the description. He also mentions the tape, but he doesn't mention that the tape is holding an "added piece" (although if you look at the pic you can tell).

I'm fine with his description right now, but he was definitely trying to deceive before. Way to call him out.

Where is the color touch on the book? I looked but i couldn't see any from the pictures posted.

My best guess from having the book in hand is the very middle of the spine with a bunch of black touch ups.

Picture 4 looks like you can see a dot sneaking though to the interior.

Where is the color touch on the book? I looked but i couldn't see any from the pictures posted.

My best guess from having the book in hand is the very middle of the spine with a bunch of black touch ups.

Picture 4 looks like you can see a dot sneaking though to the interior.

Yep, now that you say that I think your correct, The pictures he posted on eBay are terrible.

No mention of the pieces added either. Guess that was also an oversight...AGAIN He sent me a PM to which I have put him on ignore as I don't deal with these shenanigans

Thanks for calling me out on this ... I don't want to mislead anyone so I changed the listing to reflect the slight color touch ... I did not buy this book to crack it out and sale it on ebay that was not my intention ... I bought it for A customer who was looking for a key and this one struck their liking ... They have not delivered on the payment for this book and have now stated they will not be able to do so... I panicked ... I need to get my money back out of this and ebay seemed like a good way to do it ... The original buyer wanted it cracked out ... So now I am stuck with a book that I need to get my money back out of and no buyer... so ebay was my answer ... I listed the book but left out the color touch on the listing because I am scared to death about losing money on this book... That doesn't make it right but that's the truth ... I appreciate you calling me out I was really dealing with a moral choice here and I was letting money drive me to compromise those mora

ls ... But i shouldn't let my troubles affect other people ... So I ended the listing and started it fresh ... I apologize and once again thank you for telling me what i already knew

I'll let you guys pick this apart.

Wow, I don't want to mislead anyone - now that you've caught on - but I deliberately cracked it out and withheld information to make money.

Spoon move

I read this post and his response with a combination of detached dismay and amusement...granted, I like so many here and elsewhere in the collecting community do not live and die on one book/transaction. Many of us, myself included, have lost $500 to $1000 on a single book (and for some much more) and for me it registers about 5 minutes of peevishness and I move on.

The point being, to be in a position to have so much at stake one book to the next...a single transaction where in this case what, was he hoping to make a couple of hundred bucks (I have not idea have not researched the possibilities and numbers) and that once the situation went awry his morals sailed out the window. ??!!

Like I said, equal parts dismay and amusement...and let's throw some sadness in there as well... :tonofbricks::screwy:

I've dealt with this guy back in 2013, and he pulled a bunch of nonsense with me as well.

Sold me a book (2k+) . Never shipped it.. and took FOREVER to reply to PM's ( 2 months)

When he finally did. he came up with some cockamamie story about "the owner of the book having cold feet. yadda yadda yada" , Obviously sold it to someone else.. but Long story short. I finally got a refund and he has been on BLOCK ever since.

rantrant

I don't believe his story for one second. He was trying to scam someone from the start.

karma's a B#tch

my 2c