• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Undisclosed Restoration Scam Showcase 22 Alert

35 posts in this topic

Short story, I traded with the current seller as "he really needed it". He cracked it out and listed it on ebay and clearly didn't bother noting the restoration. I pm'd the seller but based on our how our trade went I'm not surprised he didn't respond or will play stupid.

Edit* Boardie name: actionnate

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291937316811?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Image%2036_zps6iwfjf5f.jpg

Image%2037_zpsubrzhk8z.jpg

I wonder if the color touch is visible on the part of the inside front cover that he doesn't show in the picture?

Is the seller a boardie?

Added his board name to the first post

I think its visible in photo 4 (part of the CT at least) about 3/4" above the lower staple

No mention of the pieces added either. Guess that was also an oversight...AGAIN He sent me a PM to which I have put him on ignore as I don't deal with these shenanigans

Thanks for calling me out on this ... I don't want to mislead anyone so I changed the listing to reflect the slight color touch ... I did not buy this book to crack it out and sale it on ebay that was not my intention ... I bought it for A customer who was looking for a key and this one struck their liking ... They have not delivered on the payment for this book and have now stated they will not be able to do so... I panicked ... I need to get my money back out of this and ebay seemed like a good way to do it ... The original buyer wanted it cracked out ... So now I am stuck with a book that I need to get my money back out of and no buyer... so ebay was my answer ... I listed the book but left out the color touch on the listing because I am scared to death about losing money on this book... That doesn't make it right but that's the truth ... I appreciate you calling me out I was really dealing with a moral choice here and I was letting money drive me to compromise those mora

ls ... But i shouldn't let my troubles affect other people ... So I ended the listing and started it fresh ... I apologize and once again thank you for telling me what i already knew

I'll let you guys pick this apart.

No mention of the pieces added either. Guess that was also an oversight...AGAIN He sent me a PM to which I have put him on ignore as I don't deal with these shenanigans

Thanks for calling me out on this ... I don't want to mislead anyone so I changed the listing to reflect the slight color touch ... I did not buy this book to crack it out and sale it on ebay that was not my intention ... I bought it for A customer who was looking for a key and this one struck their liking ... They have not delivered on the payment for this book and have now stated they will not be able to do so... I panicked ... I need to get my money back out of this and ebay seemed like a good way to do it ... The original buyer wanted it cracked out ... So now I am stuck with a book that I need to get my money back out of and no buyer... so ebay was my answer ... I listed the book but left out the color touch on the listing because I am scared to death about losing money on this book... That doesn't make it right but that's the truth ... I appreciate you calling me out I was really dealing with a moral choice here and I was letting money drive me to compromise those mora

ls ... But i shouldn't let my troubles affect other people ... So I ended the listing and started it fresh ... I apologize and once again thank you for telling me what i already knew

Why did he crack the book out before his sale, the buyer could have done that.

I sense shenanigans alright. :eyeroll:

Wow, I don't want to mislead anyone - now that you've caught on - but I deliberately cracked it out and withheld information to make money.

Spoon move

I got this far....

I did not buy this book to crack it out and sale it on ebay

giphy.gif

Here is what he sent me:

Yes your the 2nd person to call me out ... And I'll tell you the same thing I told them ... Thanks... This was wrong for me to do... I had a buyer for this book and he backed out ... He wanted the book cracked out... When he backed out I needed to move the book fast so I listed it here... I did not disclose the color touch because I'm afraid of losing money on this but that's not fair and yes that is fraudulent so I ended the item and relisted disclosing that info ... I was letting fear and money compromise my values ... That is wrong and i appreciate being held accountable ... I'm sorry and thanks again

Again, having the moral flexibility to do this once means you'll do it again.