• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What's the deal with G.I. Joe #21? (plus I moved to NM)

30 posts in this topic

Turned out my copy was a 9.4.

Get in line. I have slabbed two copies of that book that I thought were 9.6 easy and hoping for a 9.8, but alas both came back at different times as 9.4s.

Yep yep.

I had two different copies I thought had a good chance coming back as 9.6's.

BOTH of them came back 9.0

frustrated.gif

I've been looking for any copy for a few years now, with no luck. I saw one copy at a convention about 4 years back that was in G condition selling for around $100. I just could'nt justify spending that sort of cash for that book. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Is it really hard to find. wow

I got a copy on Ebay about 2 months ago ,they had as Fine + and it looks like VF maybe 7.5

I also got a bunch more issues for $14 . It was a 7 day auction and I saw it three minutes into it . Had a Buy it Now of $14.95. I hit the Buy it now so fast.

ALso included the # 1 issue.

Here was the text of the auction

This auction is for 16 issues from Marvel Comics featuring G.I. Joe. Lot includes the following issues:

G.I. Joe # 1,

G.I. Joe # 21, the silent issue, in Fine + condition.

Lot also includes G.I. Joe #s 24-26, 30-32, 40, 47, 50 and 111.

Lot also includes G.I. Joe Order of Battle 1, and G.I. Joe and the Transformers #s 1-3 of the four-issue series.

Most issues are in Very Fine to Near Mint condition, about 5 or so issues are Fine/Very Fine and better condition

Oddly enough, G.I. Joe was a title that I used to buy two of every issue. Didn't start it till the teen issues and skipped the buying double on the silent issue. I think I felt like I was getting jipped with no words being used. Probably would've got a crappy second issue anyhow.

YO JOE! (Sorry, had a flashback)

Oddly enough, G.I. Joe was a title that I used to buy two of every issue. Didn't start it till the teen issues and skipped the buying double on the silent issue. I think I felt like I was getting jipped with no words being used.

Yeah, but now you know.

Is it really hard to find. wow

I got a copy on Ebay about 2 months ago ,they had as Fine + and it looks like VF maybe 7.5

I also got a bunch more issues for $14 . It was a 7 day auction and I saw it three minutes into it . Had a Buy it Now of $14.95. I hit the Buy it now so fast.

ALso included the # 1 issue.

Here was the text of the auction

This auction is for 16 issues from Marvel Comics featuring G.I. Joe. Lot includes the following issues:

G.I. Joe # 1,

G.I. Joe # 21, the silent issue, in Fine + condition.

Lot also includes G.I. Joe #s 24-26, 30-32, 40, 47, 50 and 111.

Lot also includes G.I. Joe Order of Battle 1, and G.I. Joe and the Transformers #s 1-3 of the four-issue series.

Most issues are in Very Fine to Near Mint condition, about 5 or so issues are Fine/Very Fine and better condition

Holy cow!

That was one genuinely generous seller!! WOW! Great buy!

893applaud-thumb.gif

I couldnt believe it when I saw it . I will assume he had no idea what they were worth when he put the BIN price at $14 . I had been looking for a copy in fine or better for about 3 months but when they are on Ebay they go for more than I care to pay. I keep a list of any comics I want and every day when I get up and right before bed I search on Ebay for them. One morning before work , there it was and not just issue 21 but # 1 and 15 more issues. My son loves GI Joe and Transformers so this was an awsome find.

I gave all the extra issues to my son and kept the # 1 & # 21

I couldnt believe it when I saw it . I will assume he had no idea what they were worth when he put the BIN price at $14 . I had been looking for a copy in fine or better for about 3 months but when they are on Ebay they go for more than I care to pay. I keep a list of any comics I want and every day when I get up and right before bed I search on Ebay for them. One morning before work , there it was and not just issue 21 but # 1 and 15 more issues. My son loves GI Joe and Transformers so this was an awsome find.

I gave all the extra issues to my son and kept the # 1 & # 21

Uh, I was the seller!

Glad you liked them!

thumbsup2.gif

Liked them i Loved them . I just purchased Monster unleashed # 1 from you 5 minutes ago.

Love your prices. And I know I can trust your grading. And by the way my son loved them too. Thanks again.

Liked them i Loved them . I just purchased Monster unleashed # 1 from you 5 minutes ago.

Love your prices. And I know I can trust your grading. And by the way my son loved them too. Thanks again.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif