• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

U.S. Presidents

71 posts in this topic

roosevelt.jpg

I just found out about this one. In 1942, the (Propaganda) United States of America published a 20-page two-color comic book in Portuguese with the title

"A Vida de Frankin D. Roosevelt: 32º Presidente dos Estados Unidos da mérica",

which would translate as "The Life of Franklin D. Roosevelt: 32nd President of the United States of America". No place is given for the publisher.

Here's an inside page.

rooseveltpage3.jpg

The book itself is 16 pages long.

I saw this on the internet (http://www.leonardodesa.interdinamica.pt/comics/lds/kingleonardo/)

but don't know anything else about it.

I never heard/saw of this one. When was it published, and how does the story go? Is it fictional or historical?

Published 1981. That comic is based on the meeting of a former Catholic Priest named Charles Chiniquy, who was struggling with his convictions and finally broke away (sort of like Martin Luther) from Catholicism. Hence the image of the Vatican in the background. A Young Lawyer by the name of Abraham Lincoln was the legal representitive of Chiniquy. Years later the two men met again and discussed the attempted assasination at Baltimore (which a civil war buff friend of mine tells me did occur). Chiniquy warns Lincoln to be careful as he suspects that this sort of thing will happen again.

The book is religious and if you are Catholic you wouldn't like it. I'm a simple Protestant so I don't quite understand the dealings and undertakings of Jesuit Priests so I can't verify that all of the conspiracy parts are accurate, but it seems to fit historically. This comic was based on the book "50 years in the Church of Rome" 1886 by Chiniquy.

Teddy Roosevelt makes an appearance on the cover of Uncle Scrooge 294

ARC_US_294-a.jpg

October 1995 by Don Rosa

Scrooge & Roosevelt team up again in a treasure quest.

lnt10a.jpg

Picsou Magazine 349, Feb 2001

Jimmy Carter. Not too many of those around.

13073876746.1.gif

It's too bad Billy Carter and Ted Kennedy didn't run on a ticket.

Their slogan could have been "You Drink, I'll drive." :o

768724-rr2.jpg

893whatthe.gif

Picture from inside Crack Comics 19. Black Condor Story (President F. Roosevelt)

crackcomics19.jpg

Published December 1941 (but I'm guessing was on the stands around September of 1941 before Pearl Harbor.

From Journey into Mystery with the Mighty Thor #96

kennedythor.jpg

Merlin the magician looks for the President inside the White House. He actually sees the President but figures that this man must be too young to be a ruler.

This is from Not Brand Echh # 3.

lbj.jpg

The Monkees, Baron Von Striker (spelling), Aunt May, Bobby Kennedy,

Alfred E. Newman, Kid Colt Outlaw, Don Knotts, Chairman Mao, etc..etc..

The second person to know about Bruce Banner is .... LBJ?????

tta064lbj.jpg

Wish I had one of those Avengers ID cards. "Just walk right in".