• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Origin Issues

15 posts in this topic

Origins, not first appearances

Superman - Action 1

Batman - Detective 27

Spider-Man - Amazing Fantasy 15

Thor - Journey Into Mystery 83

Hulk - Hulk 1

Iron Man - Tales of Suspense 39

Wonder Woman - All Star 8

Thing, Mr. Fantastic, Invisible Girl, Human Torch - Fantastic Four 1

Original Human Torch, Ka-Zar - Marvel 1

Sub-Mariner - Motion Picture Funnies Weekly

Cyclops - X-Men 39, 40, 41, 42

Jean Grey (Marvel Girl) - Bizarre Adventures 27

Beast - X-Men 49, 50, 51, 52, 53

Iceman - X-Men 44, 45, 46

Angel - X-Men 54, 55, 56

Professor X - X-Men 12

Captain America - Captain America Comics 1

If you are looking for origin issues of the original 1960's silver age marvel superhero's they are all right here...

Marvel Tales Annuals 1 and 2 for the origins of...

Spider-Man, Giant Man, Hulk, Sgt Fury, Iron Man, Thor

Avengers, X-Men, Dr. Strange

Marvel Milestone Editions for F.F. #1

Amazing Fantasy 15, Avengers 1, Incredible Hulk 1, Tales Of Suspense 39, X-Men 1 are also available in Marvel Milestone Editions if you are looking for individual origin stories as opposed to the combination in the Marvel Tales Annuals.

beeq1d.jpg

wivtl0.jpg

For the Marvel silver age guys/gals try the Fireside series of softcover books "Origins" and "Son of Origins" written by Stan Lee. He wrote more volumes that go beyond the "origins" theme and contained stories but not necessarily origin stories.

Villains -mostly origin stories but some 'best of' selections for Doom, Goblin, Red Skull, Dormmaammmasomething, Loki and Silver Surfer 3 w/Mephisto.

Heroines - origin Wasp from TTA 44, but most of rest are just good cross-over stories like for Black Widow (ASM 86) and Medusa (ASM 62) but none of the others were in ASM, Invisible Girl, 2-part Hela story in Thor, Red Sonja, Ms. Marvel, Shanna, a B&W of Lyra from Savage Tales 1.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_Fireside_Books

And definitely google is your friend, I've googled "first appearance of " probably dozens of times in past several months, with immediate and accurate results. From there the wiki page will quickly ID origin story location.

google, ebay, wikipedia :wishluck:

One month in and no class....

Yes I understand that wasn't very educated of me, and if I knew the answers I would have told him. :sorry:

I thought if he needed an answer quickly, as no one responded quickly, he could use the search tools.

No hard feelings?

Dose anyone know where I can find a list of these?

Gold,Silver,Bronze,Modern its all good to me.

I'm just wanting the most well known superhero's.

You know like Batman,Spiderman,Superman,Thor, and so on.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks.

I apologize :foryou:

I don't want to come off rude :) I didn't know exactly the origin thought you could find'em quicker with what I suggested cause I've used them for Deadpool etc. but not the ones you had listed...

Again sorry

google, ebay, wikipedia :wishluck:

One month in and no class....

Yes I understand that wasn't very educated of me, and if I knew the answers I would have told him. :sorry:

I thought if he needed an answer quickly, as no one responded quickly, he could use the search tools.

No hard feelings?

None taken. All good! :foryou: