• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

Mitzi #1 seems to be relatively available in decent shape, due mainly to the fact that there are a a number of pedigree copies floating around. Probably the toughest in this group are the Dizzy Dames, Comedy and Wendy Parker, all of which are the nicest copies I've ever seen :)

I absolutely love Teen Humor comics from the Golden age. They are chock-full of GGA, headlight and long-legs. And if you're lucky enough, a good 'spanking panel'. I've just discovered this thread now.

103729.jpg

It's funny that CGC notes a spanking panel in this issue. Overstreet always noted this issue as an "injury to eye" cover which CGC doesn't note. Of course it doesn't quite rank with the best of EC or other horror style injury to eye covers.

...and very nice copy by the way.

I absolutely love Teen Humor comics from the Golden age. They are chock-full of GGA, headlight and long-legs.

And if you're lucky enough, a good 'spanking panel'. I've just discovered this thread now.

103729.jpg

That book looks incredibly nice (thumbs u

That book looks incredibly nice (thumbs u

Thanks very much. I too love the condition of it, but as you know, such grades are tough to find on most precode GA books. Like most of you, most of the comics in my collection crosses the spectrum of grades, but this Patsy Walker in 9.4 is the highest slabbed grade to date in my collection. Speaking of Golden Age, there are many great Teen-Humor characters and stories within a multitude of GA books, that sport a variety of interior contents. Quality Comics has a whole slew of such characters I believe. I really admire books that contain interior stories that incorporate Good Girl Art within their genres. In the case of this thread, Teen Humor. The better the precode GGA, the higher I regard that book. And to boot, if an excellent artist had contributed work to it, then such a book really has a lot going for it (imo). In the Golden Age, at times a book may have a lame cover, but some undiscovered (or previously discovered) artwork on the interior may simply be outstanding or brilliantly original to warrant public appreciation.

I suspect that some other Teen Humor Comics within this thread probably contain ?/F spanking panels, and if your raw comic has a gal on the receiving end, let me know so I may record that data on the web site below. Timely has so many Teen Humor books, and I've hardly researched a fraction of them, but the combination of GGA plus a spanking panel makes that book highly desirable to me (if I'm not already aware of it.)

The book below contains some enthusiastically blustery leggy art from the badlands of artist Harry Sahle's mind and pen.

Check it out: Good Girl Art Forum

GGA FORUM: http://www.SpankingPanels.com/forum/

104169.jpg.0e78deaa6c4349a836178409fc25d08d.jpg