• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Teen Humor--Anything but Archie
12 12

3,276 posts in this topic

Kind of thrilled with this one :whee:

SKMBT_C25216090917280_zpsz3pw5w98.jpg

Oh, yeah! Possible that's an unrecognized Church copy? hm

You would think it is a possibility, considering it is a 9.6 White. It is even with the better of the Church copies for 4.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's a Church copy. It's certainly the most breathtaking copy in existence! (thumbs u

That's a beautiful copy whether it's a Church or not. Makes me wish that Harry Sahle had done more of the early Archie covers

Here are some Timelys

Tessie #2 - Crippen copy - It was graded 8.0 by CGC but I just had to crack it. Hard to believe that this is a 1944 comic book

Tessie2066_zpszgewss3s.jpg

Joker35065_zpszera3aew.jpg

Joker20067_zpsbzo1bilz.jpg

And the Church copy of one of my favorite Hedy covers

Hedy25-Church064_zpsjhttf54c.jpg

Here are some Timelys

Tessie #2 - Crippen copy - It was graded 8.0 by CGC but I just had to crack it. Hard to believe that this is a 1944 comic book

Tessie2066_zpszgewss3s.jpg

Joker35065_zpszera3aew.jpg

Joker20067_zpsbzo1bilz.jpg

And the Church copy of one of my favorite Hedy covers

Hedy25-Church064_zpsjhttf54c.jpg

Wonderful copies!

I'm working on updating my Timely checklist today so I keep running into books I need to scan.

Here are a couple of nice issues of Gay Comics. It took me forever to find a high grade copy of this issue

Gay32069_zpsfyw5s98j.jpg

I've always loved this cover:

Gay33068_zpsahpq1qhq.jpg

The covers for both of these Oscar books have some DeCarlo characteristics. I'm not certain about #10 but #13 definitely looks like his work.

Oscar10070_zpsddmpdotz.jpg

Oscar13071_zpskur4kclt.jpg

You would think it is a possibility, considering it is a 9.6 White. It is even with the better of the Church copies for 4.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's a Church copy. It's certainly the most breathtaking copy in existence! (thumbs u

That's a beautiful copy whether it's a Church or not. Makes me wish that Harry Sahle had done more of the early Archie covers

That is a beautiful book :)

But Harry Sahle's early Archie stuff doesn't look anything like that :( Maybe they should have kept him on longer.

That is a beautiful book :)

But Harry Sahle's early Archie stuff doesn't look anything like that :( Maybe they should have kept him on longer.

My thoughts exactly. I would have been curious how his style would have evolved on Archie. The artwork on this cover is more polished than Al Fagaly's work. I like many of Fagaly's covers but it would have been nice to see more from Sahle.

These are my last scans of the day.

Patsy Walker was just as big a klutz as Archie in her early days.

This is the Crippen copy of #3

PatsyWalker03073_zpsc35pytnk.jpg

Another clumsy move that would make Archie proud

PatsyWalker04074_zpsp838vkra.jpg

Overstreet lists this one as an "injury to eye" cover

PatsyWalker05075_zpsgfiijrs8.jpg

And finally one more Oscar issue

Oscar09072_zpsz2wb3e9b.jpg

Nice! Don't think I ever saw the cover of Patsy 3 before. Never pops up for sale. hm Rare?

I don't recall seeing it much. I originally had a low grade copy and replaced it with the Crippen in 2006. That came from Heritage and it's the only copy they show in their auction archives.

These are my last scans of the day.

Patsy Walker was just as big a klutz as Archie in her early days.

This is the Crippen copy of #3

PatsyWalker03073_zpsc35pytnk.jpg

Another clumsy move that would make Archie proud

PatsyWalker04074_zpsp838vkra.jpg

Overstreet lists this one as an "injury to eye" cover

PatsyWalker05075_zpsgfiijrs8.jpg

And finally one more Oscar issue

Oscar09072_zpsz2wb3e9b.jpg

Once again, absolutely amazing books!! (thumbs u:applause:

If PW #5 is an "injury to eye cover", shouldn't PW #3 be a "sharp blade to butt cover"? :D

Although it's not a teen book it still attracts a number of the same collectors due to it being an Atlas title and the Al Hartley artwork. Some related Atlas titles would be Meet Miss Bliss and Della Vision.

The closing price is high but these books are scarce to begin with and rare in high grade.

Although it's not a teen book it still attracts a number of the same collectors due to it being an Atlas title and the Al Hartley artwork. Some related Atlas titles would be Meet Miss Bliss and Della Vision.

The closing price is high but these books are scarce to begin with and rare in high grade.

Miss Bliss. :cloud9:

462C1BFA-7407-402F-9897-49000DC6C9A7_zpsqaeye3yv.jpg

Overstreet has it at around $100 in that grade, which turned out to be a hair low. :D

Miss Bliss. :cloud9:

462C1BFA-7407-402F-9897-49000DC6C9A7_zpsqaeye3yv.jpg

Miss Bliss and Della Vision :luhv:

Bliss.jpg

Della.jpg

Overstreet has it at around $100 in that grade, which turned out to be a hair low. :D

Shows the potential upside of putting a book like that to auction. I imagine if it were just put out with a 1K price tag, it would have sat forever.