• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PAUL POPE original art sale is Tuesday November 22nd at 12PM PST Noon!

15 posts in this topic

Paul Pope's original art debuts on Felix Comic Art tomorrow, Tuesday November 22nd, at 12PM PST! We are offering a wide range of art, from color studies and prelims, to published covers. The majority of published work is large-sized, measuring 19"X26"! There will be art available for all fans, with prices starting at $30! As always, time payment plans are available (but please write me for approval before ordering). Thanks to everyone for their patience as we organized this sale, good luck to all tomorrow!

Felix

www.felixcomicart.com

Well, Chris, you should remember the saying, he who's late to a Paul Pope drop has no hope.

Though it seems like no matter when you show up, some of the best pieces are already listed as 'On Hold' so maybe you never really have a shot lol

I doubt there's anything like that going on. I've had luck buying art from some very popular opportunities with Felix simply by logging on and reserving the piece after they are offered.

Well, Chris, you should remember the saying, he who's late to a Paul Pope drop has no hope.

Though it seems like no matter when you show up, some of the best pieces are already listed as 'On Hold' so maybe you never really have a shot lol

I doubt there's anything like that going on. I've had luck buying art from some very popular opportunities with Felix simply by logging on and reserving the piece after they are offered.

I didn't necessarily mean it in that way, I was just making a joke about the popularity of some of these artists.

All the pieces I looked at were available at the scheduled time. Though by the time I made my choices, I was already second or later in line. Next time don't think - just click buy! :insane:

All the pieces I looked at were available at the scheduled time. Though by the time I made my choices, I was already second or later in line. Next time don't think - just click buy! :insane:

Yeah, I have 2 browsers open on different pages that constantly refresh when Felix put's art up. I tend to do that with any timed release sale sites. With that and a fast trigger finger and autofill utilized you can get something sent in seconds flat that you want to go for. Even then you may not be fast enough.

Great stuff Felix!

After seeing what happened with the James Jean sales, I made sure to get inline at 11:55 and refresh every minute. So I got on there and all pieces were available. Nothing quite what I was looking for, but a lot of gorgeous stuff (The Deluxe hardcover and unused 100 #4 covers are very nice). When I checked back about an hour later, pretty much half or more were gone and to be honest, this morning I thought everything would be gone. Kind of shocked that Black Panther and Batman Berlin pieces are still there. Especially the Panther at 19X26. Gorgeous. If I didn't already have a couple 19X26 Pope pieces taking up a lot of space, I'd be all over that.

Thanks guys!

The Black Panther piece is spectacular! I think it would have sold if the buyer who was interested wasn't able to get one of the big Batman pieces first. I'm sure it will sell eventually, regardless.

Paul is currently out of the country, but we've been in touch via text. Can confirm that he will be gathering up more art for me to sell when he returns. Really glad the smaller pieces all sold out. He was skeptical, and really didn't want them out there as a representation of his art, but I was certain the market would receive them well. So thanks to all for the validation! He's very happy about it and will be making more sketches and such available for the next sale.

For anyone who missed out this time, PLEASE sign up for the mailing list on my site to stay notified of all new art and commission opportunities. Working on something cool for James Jean, which I will announce soon for the mailing list. Thanks again, I'm very grateful for the support!

Yeah, you can't really think it over for more than 2 minutes, literally, or else your piece will be gone. On the flipside, buying impulsively may result in buyer's regret. You gotta set a budget and give yourself an idea of what you're looking for to minimize that regret.

My sob story was that I was on a plane when the sale went live. I had just landed. I scanned through the inventory and found myself fond of the "Batman with teeth" piece. But alas, by the time I got to baggage claim, 10-15 minutes later, it was on hold. I knew I wasn't going to buy anything on my phone with only a small screen to sample the art, so I knew I was going to have to pass on this sale. Good thing that there will be another, hopefully at a more opportune time from me.

Just to add, a lot of the choice pieces were "on hold" about 10 minutes after the sale went live, including many of the Batman Year 100 covers, which were way out of budget for me that it didn't matter anyway. But twenty minutes in, there were still many Harley and Lone Wolf pieces left. I think about 35-40 minutes in, what was gonna go fast, went. 35-40 minutes is like an eternity for a sale like this, so there was "plenty" of time to mull it over.

Just to let you "latecomers" know. :)