• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gene's New "For Sale" Gallery on CAF!
2 2

37 posts in this topic

Welcome to my For Sale gallery! You can find it here

First off, I am a collector, not a dealer (though I do set up regularly at the NJ Comic Art Con to meet other collectors and occasionally sell some art). But, like many/most in the hobby, I've reached the point in my collecting career where I am trying to better curate my collection by paring parts of it down, and also to recycle some of the money I have put into building my collection. Hence, this new (as of November 2016) "For Sale" (FS) gallery.

Things to note:

1. Unless a price is marked "FIRM", I am willing to at least consider & listen to offers on all items. If you have serious interest in a piece, send me an e-mail through CAF and let's talk!

2. I am primarily interested in making sales, though, I will certainly entertain trade offers for items on My Want List, and I will consider trade/partial-trade offers of other material that one might reasonably fit in my wheelhouse (mostly covers and top-tier pages from '80s independents and 1973-86 Marvel).

3. Time payments of up to 6 months are available with a non-refundable down payment of 20% (art will ship after payments are completed).

4. Payment can be made in cash or by check (sorry, no PayPal). Foreign and high value purchases can be made via bank wire. Payment in Bitcoin and trades for gold (John Wick-style) will also be considered, depending on the value of the piece(s) being purchased (there may be a limit).

5. All prices include shipping for unframed items within the U.S. Shipments for framed pieces (if you want to keep the frame; some of the larger pieces may have to ship unframed) and to Canada/overseas may incur an additional fee.

6. In-person exchanges can be arranged in Manhattan or at the next Comic Art Con show in New Jersey.

Please contact me through CAF if you have any other questions!

Regards,

Gene

Here are my initial listings. I expect to list more art in the coming weeks/months, including a number of sub-$1K and sub-$2K pieces, but I thought I'd start off with some of the more chunkier items. Many of these pieces are priced at, near or even below cost. In some cases, I've explained my pricing rationale in the piece's description.

Mark Schultz - Xenozoic Tales #8 Cover (1989) - SOLD

Boris Vallejo - Enchantment Book Cover Painting (1984) - SALE PENDING

Earl Norem - Savage Sword of Conan #55 Cover (1980) - $12,000

Enric - Vampirella #28 Cover Reinterpretation (c. 1990s) - $10,000

Steve Lightle - Classic X-Men #37 Cover (1989) - SOLD

Jose Gonzalez - Vampirella Pin-Up (2002) - SALE PENDING

Bob Powell/Wally Wood - Strange Tales #134 p. 12 w/ Fantastic Four, Kang & Uatu (1965) - $7,250

Paul Gulacy - Giant-Size Master of Kung Fu #1, p. 9 splash (1974) - SOLD

John Romita Sr. - Red Sonja #3 Dynamic Forces Variant Cover (2005) - SOLD

Jose Gonzalez - Vampirella Color Pin-Up (1982) - $4,250

Billy Tucci/Nelson Ascencio - Overstreet's Fan #3 (Shi) Cover - $3,500

Paul Smith/Bob Wiacek - Uncanny X-Men #168, p. 22 1st Madelyne Pryor (1983) - $3,000

Again, unless a price is marked "FIRM", I am open to considering offers and am definitely willing to work with people regarding time payments and such - let's talk!

Edited by delekkerste

Some really nice pieces you have for sale, especially the Vampirella Mini-Me.

Thanks, Brian! Hope you are enjoying this one's big brother!

I am also happy to report that the Mark Schultz Xenozoic Tales #8 Cover is also now SALE PENDING.

Great sale and it looks like it is priced right with the way you sales are going. Congrats!

Thanks, JG!

The Jose Gonzalez Vampirella Pin-Up (2002) is now ON HOLD. I am still taking indications of interest on this piece, though, as my buyer's offer is contingent on a deal of his going through first.

I am in advanced negotiations on a couple of other pieces, so, if anyone has any interest in any of this art, please contact me sooner rather than later! Again, I am willing to consider all serious offers - let's talk!!

Eagerly awaiting for the G.I. Joe #21 pages to appear in this thread :taptaptap::grin:

You may be waiting a long time! :insane:

I'm happy to report that the Paul Gulacy GS Master of Kung Fu splash is now SALE PENDING.

Eagerly awaiting for the G.I. Joe #21 pages to appear in this thread :taptaptap::grin:

You may be waiting a long time! :insane:

I'm happy to report that the Paul Gulacy GS Master of Kung Fu splash is now SALE PENDING.

That Gulacy page was really nice !