• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman #1 CGC 8.0 blue label on eBay...

45 posts in this topic

I don't know who the seller is, but I'll throw out a guess on the reserve.

Let's assume that the owner is the person that paid 57.5K for a Bat #1 8.0 in July 2002(per GPA). They see the new Batman movie coming out, and decide to throw it up on eBay with a reserve of 100K, just to see what happens.

Mark, maybe you sold those Supes books at just the right time. You're flush!

I don't know who the seller is, but I'll throw out a guess on the reserve.

Let's assume that the owner is the person that paid 57.5K for a Bat #1 8.0 in July 2002(per GPA). They see the new Batman movie coming out, and decide to throw it up on eBay with a reserve of 100K, just to see what happens.

Wouldn't surprise me. Probably too high for me, but we'll see. I don't really see the movie impacting the value of the early GA books though. Is there any real reason why this particular film - it is the 5th or so, right? - should create an increased interest in Batman among those who have the money to buy a $100k book? Then again, you only need one to buy.

They see the new Batman movie coming out, and decide to throw it up on eBay with a reserve of 100K, just to see what happens.

Why do people think the new Batman movie will impact prices at all? Is there any specially good buzz about the movie? Otherwise, Batmans are already priced so high, and it seems like the Batman movie franchise is so well established (and actually has been so poor in recent iterations), that it seems unlikely to prompt any new speculation in the title.

new bat movie will probably only raise price for keys related to this particular movie, but i am fairly sure the first SA scarecrow appearance CA. Batman 189ish i think, so that is probably already an expensive book, so i dunno, just rambling to be honest, any other info on what characters will be in the movie?

ahh seems pretty cool, might have to go see this one, as the only comic movie i missed in recent memory is ahem catwoman.

On the villain note: I was hoping since this was a revamp thingy, it would be joker and harley quinn or something of the sort, maybe killer croc, but erm kinda tricky to pull off a huge alligator dude :P

It does seem a shame that the joker hasn't been reused since the first movie. I know they "killed" him off, but since when did that mean anything in comics? I think the Joker's lack of a 2nd appearance in the movies has more to do with Nicholson being an impossible act to follow, as it's more or less a certainty that he could not/would not do the role again.

He was great in the first film...though I always did think he was a little too chunky for the role. tongue.gif

I just received notification from e-bay that this auction was cancelled for some unknown listing violation. Same with his All-Star #3. Any clue why?

I was the high bidder on the Batman too (though at $65k or so, the reserve had not been met)!!! 893censored-thumb.gif893censored-thumb.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gifChristo_pull_hair.giffrustrated.gif

As robreact predicted, it was his line about charging a 3% fee for credit card payments.

The seller should've stated personal checks or M.O.s only.......

Actually, the buzz on the new Bat-movie is very strong indeed. Though I agree that it probably won't have much impact on books that are already receiving bids higher than 50,000 dollars! 893whatthe.gif

I agree. Lots of people are looking forward to the movie, including me. Even the people who feel the franchise is established are looking forward to it as a new direction.

We expect a surge of interest in Batman on our site, though not price increases. The $2 to $8 comics will really pick up in sales velocity.

Marc