• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Inhumans vs X-Men series

13 posts in this topic

Curious what needs to be read prior to this and if it has any relation to the ongoing x-men or inhumans titles. I know #0 comes out today which should cover it but anything prior worth reading?

Also let's share all the cool variant covers that will inevitably come from this series.

Here's some of the normal solicited ones,

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/IVX_Vol_1

Also found a KRS variant and I'm sure there are others

https://krscomics.com/collections/krs-exclusives/products/ivx-1-krs-comics-exclusive-tyler-kirkham-color-and-b-w-virgin-variant-set-preorder?variant=21931634501

You might get a better understanding of the origins of the tensions between the X-men & Inhumans from the Death of X mini-series. And the recent Extraordinary X-Men title covered the tensions between the 2 races more-so than the other X-books. But I expect that the IvX #0 will be a pretty full-coverage primer/introduction to that conflict.

Skip it. No need to see the X-Men get dumped on any further.

I am a huge X-Men fan, but refuse to read any of these titles. It is just sad what they have done to my favourite childhood comic.

I'm even depressed about the new relaunch with X-Men Gold/Blue. I am so done with the time displaced X-Men team. I don't care about Old Man Logan. I want the real characters back.

Even a good mixed team like the original split from he nineties of Gold/Blue would be much better.

Civil War II has been very Inhuman-centric.

I like the KRS variant, but $40 seems pretty steep to me. I dug around, but could not find any other store variants.

Personally, I'm sitting this one out. I'm more interested in Monsters Unleashed and JL vs. SS.

I am a huge X-Men fan, but refuse to read any of these titles. It is just sad what they have done to my favourite childhood comic.

I'm even depressed about the new relaunch with X-Men Gold/Blue. I am so done with the time displaced X-Men team. I don't care about Old Man Logan. I want the real characters back.

Even a good mixed team like the original split from he nineties of Gold/Blue would be much better.

I couldn't agree more. Don't forget the Nightcrawler from the AoA timeline and the Jean Grey from the past, ridiculous.

:applause:

Old Man Logan has been really good.

I want to enjoy the Land X-men series, but it's pretty hollow.

The Lemire X-men is so boring.

The Inhumans explosion is not at all interesting to me. I enjoyed it more when there were only a few and it was unique.

Patrick

I like the KRS variant, but $40 seems pretty steep to me. I dug around, but could not find any other store variants.

Personally, I'm sitting this one out. I'm more interested in Monsters Unleashed and JL vs. SS.

This. So far, I've seen three sets of JL vs SS that I like. Gonna have to just choose one, though. There's tons of stuff already available or coming out that I'd like to read so I can't just blow my entire comic budget on variants. :D

How was Death of X anyone? Is it worth picking up? I already know the ending.

It wasn't anything amazing, but I enjoyed it. If that helps. Don't be prepared to be blown away, but it was a good read.

Same. Personally, I'd put it down as a 7/10.

A good read is hard to find in comics lately at Marvel.

lol, this is actually beneficial for me. My November DC pull list has 30 issues (the biweekly releases are a pain on the wallet) but my Marvel pull list has less than 10 and that already includes Monsters Unleashed #1, IVX #2 & #3, and three #2 issues that I might not continue ordering depending on how good they are.

My Image pull list would be longer than Marvel but it seems some titles come out bimonthly or irregularly or something. :D

I am however, enjoying reading Marvel's backlist on Marvel Unlimited. Wish DC had a similar service. :)