• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Merry Christmas from eBay!

14 posts in this topic

I love how they are excited about taking $ away from us. :eyeroll:

POS company!

Dear John,

Starting on January 1, 2017 some new eBay Bucks changes will be taking effect and we're excited to share them with you. We want to make sure you're always in the know as we continue to improve and expand the program. We think these latest changes will make Bucks even more flexible and beneficial for all of our loyalty members.

Here is a list of the upcoming changes and new benefits:

• Base earnings are changing from 2% to 1%, now with more ways than ever to earn eBay Bucks.

• From car parts to copiers & you can now earn rewards for shopping in the Parts & Accessories and Business & Industrial* categories.

• Earn Bucks when you sell. We’ll be adding occasional promotions so you can also get rewarded when your items sell on eBay.**

• No more $5 minimum earn restrictions for redeeming—now you'll receive your rewards, no matter the amount.

For full terms and conditions of the program, click here.

Sincerely,

The eBay Bucks team

Wonder why I didn't get that email? I buy all my comics on eBay plus tons of other stuff...I usually have a nice bonus each quarter, so it definitely sucks. There are plenty of non-comic items that Amazon has for similar or slightly lower prices that I buy on ebay just to earn the bucks...may have to reconsider that :(

It mostly sucks because we have all become used to getting it and now they are cutting it in half. I remember when there were no Ebay bucks at all. It really doesn't effect me that much either way because I don't use the site very much anymore anyway.

It is a low blow though and kind of a slap in the face.

Apologies, but can you explain what "eBay bucks" are in detail?

Does this apply to american customers alone? I don’t think we have it in the other eBay versions by country. hm

Spend $X on an eBay item and you receive $0.02X in your eBay Bucks account.

Not sure if still true, but it accumulated over the quarter and then you could redeem the amount following that, applying it like a coupon to other eBay purchases.

Sporadically emails will arrive which up the %-age to 6-10% on an item for a given period (usually 2 days) so you can acquire more bang in your "bucks".