• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OPINIONS: Undervalued Modern Books

67 posts in this topic

Former favorites from the Copper age (1984-1999) that are worth diddly but are great reads and worthy of a second life in trade paperbacks:

American Flagg! (First)

Nexus (Capital/First/Dark Horse)

Mage (Comico's first series)

Elric (Pacific and some First)

Dreadstar (Epic/First)

Captain Atom 1-24 (DC)

Kev

I'm suprised that Tales of the Teen Titans #42-44 have not taken off a little. They are selling for .50 cents more than the rest of the non descript books in the run. Features Grayson giving up the Robin identity & becoming Nightwing, along with Deathstrokes origin, all with Perez art. I used to be able to sell these in the early 90's for $10+ a pop, but the guide never really moved on them as they still sit at $3.50 a book. Maybe it's because most people still think of it as the "other" Titan reprint book. Another book that Overstreet finally caught onto a few years back was the New Gods #6 (from the Baxter reprint series). Back in the early 90's people were amazed when I told them it contained a new story concluding the New God series by Kirby.