• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Fall Auction

264 posts in this topic

Well the Hits were certainly a hit, I thought the prices were pretty strong, but not crazy.

Probably strong relative to what they have been selling for in the recent past. But definitely not crazy though, as all of them except for Hit 5, went for only around guide or even under guide in the case of the later Hit's. (shrug)

Hit 5. :hi:

IMHO in this new era of classic cover demand, the price was high-ish but not crazy. I felt the price could've gone higher still, and was very pleased with the outcome.

hit_comics_5_zpslrqboshi.jpg

Definitely not a crazy price as I remember that this was one of the must have classic cover books in the old days and used to sell for much higher multiples than what this particular copy sold for.

I guess with the emergence of a new generation of classic cover books, some of the old guard have lost just a bit of their shine. Not necessarily a bad thing because it just makes these book much more affordable for us right now, and as history has shown us, the current flavor of the month tends to cycle through the various books over time. (thumbs u

I had basketball games and missed bidding on the stars and star rangers (beyond my tracking bids). Naturally lost them all. doh!

I guess the prices on these Stars and Star Rangers would have gone even higher then if you had been in on the bidding.

I gave it a shot on the Star 3 & 6 and the Star Rangers 2, but my bids were just a tad short on the last 2 books. Even though these are relatively high grade for early Centaurs, I just could not justify bidding higher given the Slightly Brittle pages. :(

Looks like the Star 3 went for a fair bit, probably due to the supposed rarity of this particular issue. One of the few Centaur books to be designated as Rare by Overstreet, similar I guess to the Black racial humor cover on Funny Picture Stores 7 which is also designated as Rare in the price guide.

Not sure what that book would go for, but it's most certainly another book which you do not tend to see in the marketplace very often, if at all. hm

my bid that would have been placed was north of 3k on the star 3

Gator;

Too bad you missed out on bidding for the Star 3 because it certainly would have been interesting to see how high this book would have gone for, as it rarely, if ever, comes into the public marketplace. :blush:

I've always found both Star 3 and Funny Picture Stories 7 to be similar type books and yet, still distinct in their own rights. Based upon your collecting experience, is it fair to say that the demand for Star 3 is higher than the demand for FPS 7? I assume the supply side and especially in grade should definitely be much lower for Star 3 considering that it is an oversized publication as compared to the regular comic book size for FPS 7? Hard to determine since both of these books seem to never show up in public auctions. ???

Interesting to note that Chuck's Mile High Catalogue indicates that there are high grade Church copies for both of these particular books. Hhmmmm.......I wonder if Jon Berk would be holding either of these. hm

Well the Hits were certainly a hit, I thought the prices were pretty strong, but not crazy.

Probably strong relative to what they have been selling for in the recent past. But definitely not crazy though, as all of them except for Hit 5, went for only around guide or even under guide in the case of the later Hit's. (shrug)

Hit 5. :hi:

IMHO in this new era of classic cover demand, the price was high-ish but not crazy. I felt the price could've gone higher still, and was very pleased with the outcome.

hit_comics_5_zpslrqboshi.jpg

Definitely not a crazy price as I remember that this was one of the must have classic cover books in the old days and used to sell for much higher multiples than what this particular copy sold for.

I guess with the emergence of a new generation of classic cover books, some of the old guard have lost just a bit of their shine. Not necessarily a bad thing because it just makes these book much more affordable for us right now, and as history has shown us, the current flavor of the month tends to cycle through the various books over time. (thumbs u

When you say "the emergence of a new generation of classic cover books," what sorts of books do you have in mind?