• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ComicLink Fall Auction

264 posts in this topic

not sure why but I was pretty taken by all the horror stuff in this auction

was the underbidder on Archie 50 - just could not decide if it was worth it to go more but its a super cool book. Also thought about the Wanted but showed restraint as it was not really what I was looking for.....regret not getting the Archie

IMG_0015_zps6ernmkt9.jpg

Speaking of Bakers, I was amazed at how low this one went. Obviously, the tanning along the spine is a turnoff, but it's a really tough book that I couldn't pass up at that price.

RAD4B2F420161013_113849_zpsxzz20n0k.jpg

I also picked up the True Love Pictorial 9 CBCS 4.0. Insanely tough book that I thought went low given its rarity.

Speaking of Bakers, I was amazed at how low this one went. Obviously, the tanning along the spine is a turnoff, but it's a really tough book that I couldn't pass up at that price.

RAD4B2F420161013_113849_zpsxzz20n0k.jpg

I also picked up the True Love Pictorial 9 CBCS 4.0. Insanely tough book that I thought went low given its rarity.

nice grab, had a tracking bid on that one but fell asleep (what can I say, auctions close at 3-4am my time!)

I thought the Teen-Aged Temptations #7 went at an affordable price vs the market heat Bakers are currently enjoying.

Also snagged this one. These early 1950s DC mystery/suspense books are tough in decent shape. Phantom Stranger, famously so, but these issues of Sensation are almost as tough. There's one prominent dealer/collector who has scarfed up a lot of them.

RAD1D7AB20161027_172219_zps3xec8pvo.jpg

Also snagged this one. These early 1950s DC mystery/suspense books are tough in decent shape. Phantom Stranger, famously so, but these issues of Sensation are almost as tough. There's one prominent dealer/collector who has scarfed up a lot of them.

RAD1D7AB20161027_172219_zps3xec8pvo.jpg

Wow, what a beauty! :applause:

not sure why but I was pretty taken by all the horror stuff in this auction

was the underbidder on Archie 50 - just could not decide if it was worth it to go more but its a super cool book. Also thought about the Wanted but showed restraint as it was not really what I was looking for.....regret not getting the Archie

IMG_0015_zps6ernmkt9.jpg

Thing12 was mine, enjoy that. 3 years ago I had owned an Archie50 in 8.0 and regrettably sold it. It left me feeling like I was missing a vital part. I owned 6.0s 5.0s since then, but sold them cause I had had better and wanted it back. This one cost me a few grand more but I had to be punished for letting my last 8.0 go. 3 years ago when I sold mine the CGC census showed one 9.0 and three in 8.0. Nothing has changed on that end of the spectrum. A tough one to find. My 8.0 that I sold had a 1/4" bindery chip out of the top back corner that I never liked and thought it was a gifty grade. This one I have seen in person.