• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SPIDER-MAN 2 from Marvel & Sony (7/5/19)
4 4

705 posts in this topic

It especially seems kind of lame having just seen Into the Spiderverse, which was great.

I don't like the suit - Holland is decent, though he doesn't strike me as heroic - I thought Tobey did the best job of being PP and goofing up and then putting on the suit and looking like he could save the day - Nick Fury (sigh), why can't the #1 Superhero on the planet carry his own movie? - The suburbs and now London... this isn't urban Spidey for sure... His cast of supporting characters in the first movie left no real impression upon me - I like Marissa Tomei, but as Aunt May... still getting used to it... and... Pepper hitting on her? Is that necessary? 

The only thing I thought looked cool was Mysterio.

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

So Spider-Man will be in London for a bit in this upcoming movie.

I wonder if this opens the door for

image.jpeg.c0212df671406c71dc791f4a6142e0ba.jpeg      

Image result for black knight marvel

hm

There has been rumors of a Black Knight project going on behind the scenes. And with Captain Britain, he has come up more than once between Marvel TV and then pre-Disney Fox. Could happen.

I've seen that Avengers 48 cover before, but I have never encountered Black Knight in any comics I've ever read.  A movie?  Why?  What's his most significant role in the comics?  Just from covers I assumed he was a lame insertion of a medieval-themed character into the Marvel world, but I know nothing about him so maybe he's cooler than I've given him credit for.  (shrug)

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

I've seen that Avengers 48 cover before, but I have never encountered Black Knight in any comics I've ever read.  A movie?  Why?  What's his most significant role in the comics?  Just from covers I assumed he was a lame insertion of a medieval-themed character into the Marvel world, but I know nothing about him so maybe he's cooler than I've given him credit for.  (shrug)

I found this article to be a great orientation on the history of the Black Knight.

https://comicbookinvest.com/2019/01/02/collecting-the-black-knight/

Edited by Callaway29

23 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

I found this article to be a great orientation on the history of the Black Knight.

https://comicbookinvest.com/2019/01/02/collecting-the-black-knight/

Cool article!

Black Knight #1 was reprinted in Savage Tales #2?? I didn't realize that. Time to do a little reading.

On 3/24/2019 at 12:48 PM, ComicConnoisseur said:

So Spider-Man will be in London for a bit in this upcoming movie.

I wonder if this opens the door for

image.jpeg.c0212df671406c71dc791f4a6142e0ba.jpeg      

Image result for black knight marvel

hm

The selfish 10 year old comic nerd in me wants an Excalibur movie as well as a Captain Britain movie.  However the realist in me knows that IF those are possibilities, they will be way far down the MCU road.

'SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME' WILL END PHASE 3 OF MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE, NOT BEGIN PHASE 4, SAYS MARVEL'S KEVIN FEIGE

Marvel Studios President, Kevin Feige has revealed that the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s third phase will conclude with Spider-Man: Far From Home, set to release on July 2.

Prior to this, it was believed that this week's highly anticipated release Avengers: Endgame would close out Phase Three, and that Far From Home, co-produced with Sony, was intended to kick off Phase Four.

However, when Feige was asked this weekend about Far From Home during an interview at a Shanghai-based fan event for Endgame, the Marvel Studios president bluntly stated, “It’s the end of the third phase.” He then added that this was the first time he had said this publicly.

His statement means that it’s now up to the Tom Holland led, summer Spider-man romp to do the closing ceremonies for Phase Three and set up the scene for what’s to come in the next phase.

Some fans may find this alteration a bit shocking–– for Marvel to end the galaxy-spanning, dramatic third phase with what is expected to be a relatively lighthearted Spider-Man film, compared to the operatic Avengers twin-bill. However, in hindsight, it should’ve been expected.

Marvel pulled a similar tactic in Phase Two’s final act. After the action-dense, death-filled, Avengers: Age of Ultron, Marvel released the comparatively lightweight Ant-Man before moving onto the MCU’s third phase. Perhaps, the comedic films are seen internally as tonal respites before returning to heavier content. Ant-Man famously ended with two post-credit scenes: one that acted an epilogue to the film, and a second one that acted as a primer for Phase Three’s first film, Captain America: Civil War.

Maybe this means we can expect Far From Home to include a teaser for the first Phase Four film. What exactly that movie will be is still not known.

It sounds like they are following the same patttern as Phase 2 with a solo movie. But even more fitting is at this point it is Spider-Man.