• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

And its on to ComicConnect !

300 posts in this topic

Contributing to that are the extreme views about the importance of the label number. In the CC auction we saw an Iron Man #30, which cannot be reasonably argued as an important key (much less explained as such to a civilian) and numbers in the thousands or even tens of thousands of extant copies, sell for about as much as an example of Marvel's very first printed attempt at a superhero, which numbers about ten extant copies.

wait, what? An IM #30 sold for $15K?

This cannot be serious :o

It is Link

Makes complete sense.

After all the last 9.6 sold for $58.

Craziest sale price I have seen all year, and that is saying something.

IMO thats why prices are so high people with money go to the movies see that there are iron-man this and that and read highest grade and buy it.I dont think they are really sure if they got deal or not or know the Diff from Suspence 39 or this book. :screwy:

Probably just two deep-pocketed Iron Man high grade registry guys going head to head. Only one 9.8, and things got out of hand.

That's the power of auctions. The first person to come to their senses loses.

You mean first person to come to their senses WINS :facepalm:

Contributing to that are the extreme views about the importance of the label number. In the CC auction we saw an Iron Man #30, which cannot be reasonably argued as an important key (much less explained as such to a civilian) and numbers in the thousands or even tens of thousands of extant copies, sell for about as much as an example of Marvel's very first printed attempt at a superhero, which numbers about ten extant copies.

It is Link

Makes complete sense.

IMO thats why prices are so high people with money go to the movies see that there are iron-man this and that and read highest grade and buy it.I dont think they are really sure if they got deal or not or know the Diff from Suspence 39 or this book. :screwy:

Probably just two deep-pocketed Iron Man high grade registry guys going head to head. Only one 9.8, and things got out of hand.

I think he had it right the first time (thumbs u

edited to add: WINS by LOSING!! you're both right

It is Link

Makes complete sense.

I think he had it right the first time (thumbs u

edited to add: WINS by LOSING!! you're both right

(thumbs u

Any thoughts on where the Double Action lot will end? hm

Anyone know what this ended at???

80 000$ for both books together.

Thank you!

I thought it might go for more than that. Maybe a limited number of interest in this oddity.

I thought it would go for higher as well, but I'm not complaining. Sometimes it just depends on the day of the week of the month of the year.

Anyone want to purchase a copy of Double Action #2 CGC 5.5 (slightly prof restored)?

Great pick up, Mark!

Truly awesome!

I would take those over any other lot in the auction.

don't think mark won them (shrug)

He placed the highest bid.

I guess I'm back :banana:

Thank you!

I thought it might go for more than that. Maybe a limited number of interest in this oddity.

I thought it would go for higher as well, but I'm not complaining. Sometimes it just depends on the day of the week of the month of the year.

Anyone want to purchase a copy of Double Action #2 CGC 5.5 (slightly prof restored)?

Great pick up, Mark!

Truly awesome!

Its nice to have you back !

It is Link

Makes complete sense.

Arguably that's the power of the registry....

Thank you!

Great pick up, Mark!

Truly awesome!

my bad. Thought you were in sales only mode

They could've bought a Tales of Suspense #39 in 8.0 for that, and had around $1,500 left over.

I'd much rather have a TOS #39 in 8.0 than an IM #30 in 9.8.

Somehow I'm thinking that whoever would drop that kind of coin for an IM 30, if they're an Iron Man collector, already has a TOS 39. Probably in higher grade than 8.0.

They could've bought a Tales of Suspense #39 in 8.0 for that, and had around $1,500 left over.

I'd much rather have a TOS #39 in 8.0 than an IM #30 in 9.8.

Somehow I'm thinking that whoever would drop that kind of coin for an IM 30, if they're an Iron Man collector, already has a TOS 39. Probably in higher grade than 8.0.

Indeed

TEC 31 CGC 4.5 sold for 96 000$.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=685983

Wow

Yep, looks like 'Tec 31's are continuing to move upwards as this is the exact same copy that sold for $86K back in March of 2015:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=596735&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

Not sure if the consignor is really making much money though after paying off the auction fees. (shrug)

Got one book and it's the book I've been waiting to own for a very long time. Hammered down at $3,650 in a flurry of extended bids.

Mahalo

MM1_zpsrzrkc4c6.jpg

Congrats!

Wow!!! that's a huge book!! congrats!!

+1

Looks like this key Fox book is coming back to life recently with some relatively strong prices. (thumbs u

Book actually presents quite well for being only a CGC 3.5 graded copy.

It is Link

Makes complete sense.

lol

Can you just imagine what it would have gone for if it had White Pages? lol

I would certainly expect a much higher multiple than the 258X multiple received here for the last recorded CGC 9.6 sale of this book. :screwy:

I wonder what the Batman #1 CGC 6.5 will close at....so far it is at 175 000$.

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=689897

Is that black stuff ''mold'' on the Batman #1 CGC 6.5?

And it just sold for 180 000$....not exactly on the same level as a Superman #1 CGC 6.5.

Outstanding. Congratulations to the buyer and seller. With the Fed raising interest rates and forecasting the need to continue to raise more, this sale may very well be the high water mark for some time.

Definitely not the high water mark as a CGC 5.5 copy just sold through HA a few weeks earlier for $239K. :gossip:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/golden-age-1938-1955-/batman-1-dc-1940-cgc-fn-55-off-white-pages/a/7141-91053.s?ic4=GalleryView-Thumbnail-071515#

Of course, there was none of that ugly black guck on the spine that was on the 6.5 copy. Anybody else thinks that the Heritage CGC 5.5 copy seems to present nicer than the CC CGC 6.5 graded copy of this Batman 1? hm(shrug)

Wow

Yep, looks like 'Tec 31's are continuing to move upwards as this is the exact same copy that sold for $86K back in March of 2015:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=596735&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

Not sure if the consignor is really making much money though after paying off the auction fees. (shrug)

The 2.0 however was sold quite a bit lower than recent sales even at 1.0 and below a .5 in gpa. Is the Brittle pages the culprit here?

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=691089

Wow

The 2.0 however was sold quite a bit lower than recent sales even at 1.0 and below a .5 in gpa. Is the Brittle pages the culprit here?

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=691089

Well, since I thought the 'Tec 31 market was running at $20K on a price per point basis, I would have to say it is probably more than just the Brittle pages here. Probably a combination of the pages along with bad timing in the sense of not only another 'Tec 31 in the same auction, but seemingly at least 1 copy in every single one of their recent auctions. Also, the pocketbook of collectors are probably being stretched too thin right now with way too many quality books hitting the auction block at the same time. hm

With your reference to the 1.0 and 0.5 sales, I assume you must be referring to these 2 auction results from the past year or so:

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=620296&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?referral=EAlist&id=666486&title=DETECTIVECOMICS

Both of these results would lead you to believe that 'Tec 31 was running at $40K on a price per point basis, although it has been opined by many that these two results were more outliers as opposed to being part of the normal trend. Similarly, this most recent sale of a CGC 2.0 copy (with Brittle Pages) for only $17.2K might be an outlier in the opposite direction, but who really knows? Certainly not me. (shrug)