• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adventure Comics 40

13 posts in this topic

I would like to buy it but I bid in the $30k range when it was up at Heritage and didn't expect it to go that high. Maybe if it is available in a couple of years I will buy it.

That would have been a great buy in the $30k range. Unfortunately, the price will no doubt increase as the years past. The days of slight color touch being stigmatizing (not that it was on this book) are, IMHO, fading. I would be surprised if the book would go for less than $70k now given the way prices are going, but you never know when the seller might need some cold hard cash and that is when you strike!

As far as I've been able to gather it's by far the best copy. So if there really is a softening of the attitude towards slight restoration this book is the poster child to benefit from that change.

Nearmint,

Out of curiosity, how many CGC graded Golden/Atom Age books do you own?

Not a lot compared to some of the heavy hitters on here. Probably 60+, all Golden Age. I don't think I have any Atom Age right now.

Nearmint,

Out of curiosity, how many CGC graded Golden/Atom Age books do you own?

Not a lot compared to some of the heavy hitters on here. Probably 60+, all Golden Age. I don't think I have any Atom Age right now.

NM, sounds pretty impressive to me! I've got roughly 45 GA/atom age slabs, with somewhat heavier leanings on the pre-code atomic age stuff.

I remember when Mark Wilson sold all the Church Adventure Sandman covers, years ago. I wish I'd picked up the 42, 44, or 47 back then. I think he sold them each for less than 2K..

Yeah - and I wish I would have kept the 44 and 47 when I got them.

oh well....

makepoint.gif