• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CATRICK'S CORNUCOPIA IS CLOSED!

447 posts in this topic

SO! Through the services of our own Boardie bluchip I'm now the proud owner of (most of) the guts to Action 2 to go with my cover! Three Cheers and a Tiger! Huzzah!

First off, I'm still looking for the first two folds of Action 2. Nice payday for someone with a coverless copy missing anything else, or of course, just for those two wraps.

In the meanwhile, Catrick needs to sell some stuff to pay for this swell book.

Here we go!

DA RULEZ

I'll put up a big scan of the FC, note anything else I spot, and as always, if you'd like a scan of the back cover I'll be happy to supply it.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me and we'll work something out.

:takeit: rules the roost, but PM's, kibitzing, and general tomfoolery are welcome.

$7 Priority flat shipping to the USA, one book or a stack. Canada or overseas to be determined. For the bargainminded I can ship up to about three books First Class for $4

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER PREFERRED, I just plain out don't like paypal. If you just GOTTA pay with paypal PM me and we'll work something out.

Returns for any reason on your dime, and for any missed major flaw or bad description on my dime.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

Here we go!

Superman 93

Tap along inside spine, some chips out along upper BC, couple water spots upper edge FC and BC. Interior is nice, offwhite pages. This is one of those oddball page counts, with 24 pages in front of the CF, 16 pages on the back half.

Nice displaying lower grade copy.

O'street is $74 in G, asking $60

VlztXsj.jpg

Haunt of Fear 15

Bit of spine roll, chips along RH edge FC where the cover overhangs the edge, large light stain upper BC.

Interior is tight with offwhite pages.

Asking $35 SOLD!

qJJqO3q.jpg

Patsy Walker 15

Rough reader. Plenty of tape along spine, lots of chipping along upper edge and outer edge FC and BC. Interior is actually nice, tight with offwhite - white pages.

EDIT Oh, did I mention the spine roll? lol

Asking $15

5bIlUqU.jpg

Star Spangled War Stories 33

Flat, clean, tight with white pages. Couple small tears interior, nothing that touches any art, small split lower spine, couple teensy chips out of edge of spine.

Nice looking copy for $25 SOLD!

rBHYu4u.jpg

Jo-Jo 16

Kamen bondage cover, woo woo!

Tear FC, small piece out FC between Our Heroine's boobs, split upper spine, several small chips and corners out of interior, nothing that touches any art. Interior is tight, with tan-to-cream pages, still supple, no brittleness. Stain lower RH corner through book, nothing that touches the art.

Grab a solid reader for $35 SOLD!

cHfdOSO.jpg

Haunt of Fear 16

Another Rough Reader,.

Looks nice at first glance, but there's a 1" split upper spine, and a large light water stain through entire book lower LH corner. Seeps right up to the staple, which is rusty with a bit of migration, pages are slightly discolored through first couple leaves front and back of book. Couple small tears here and there, chip out lower edge BC.

Snag a solid reader for $35

kFBbVjf.jpg

Silly Tunes Comics 1, 1945.

Split lower spine, another one upper spine, tear lower edge FC, small piece out to boot. Tear at the single staple BC. Cover is still attached, but there's a transverse spine roll on the cover only. Interior is tight with offwhite pages.

Asking $25 SOLD!

Y7PyzyU.jpg

Gay Comics 30

Nice clean copy, tight spine and CF, white pages. Couple light smudges, bit of general wear.

Rusty, Millie the Model, Tessie, Nellie the Nurse

Asking $75 for a nice copy. SOLD!

KhA08wE.jpg

Danger #1 1953.

Nice Don Heck cover on a decent VG copy.

Bit af wear along upper edge, and the CF is just barely attached to the single staple. Otherwise some general wear on a glossy copy with white pages.

Yours for $45

uUaNUih.jpg

Patsy Walker 19

Pretty looking book, but the cover is tanning up pretty solidly, and there's a small tear upper BC, and another lower BC. Bit of general wear, tight with offwhite pages.

Yours for $40

x1nyl4x.jpg

Jo-Jo 16

Kamen bondage cover, woo woo!

Tear FC, small piece out FC between Our Heroine's boobs, split upper spine, several small chips and corners out of interior, nothing that touches any art. Interior is tight, with tan-to-cream pages, still supple, no brittleness. Stain lower RH corner through book, nothing that touches the art.

Grab a solid reader for $35

cHfdOSO.jpg

:takeit:

Let's start a pile!

Gunfighter 11

Now here's one you don't see every day.

Bit of spine roll, the LH edge of the BC is foxed for about a half inch, some minor chipping to boot, and the silverfish have been at the lower LH FC a bit, with a matching patch on the BC. There are two interior pages that are pretty dirty, one story page, one ad page. I'm guessing the book was left open somewhere for a few months or years, and it collected plenty of dirt and soot. Otherwise the interior is nice, cream - to- offwhite pages.

EDIT That's a Graham Ingels cover.

Asking $40 SOLD!

FAIUswC.jpg

Gunfighter 11

Now here's one you don't see every day.

Bit of spine roll, the LH edge of the BC is foxed for about a half inch, some minor chipping to boot, and the silverfish have been at the lower LH FC a bit, with a matching patch on the BC. There are two interior pages that are pretty dirty, one story page, one ad page. I'm guessing the book was left open somewhere for a few months or years, and it collected plenty of dirt and soot. Otherwise the interior is nice, cream - to- offwhite pages.

Asking $40

FAIUswC.jpg

I'll take it!