• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is a Stan Lee sig worth it on this copy of FF1

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

I've sent this book into CCS(figured it couldn't hurt) and am contemplating having the book submitted for a Stan Lee signature. I figure it'll cost somewhere around $300. I've never submitted a book for a sig before and was wondering if anyone thinks it worth it? I'm thinking(hoping) the book gets a 3.0.

Here's a link to what the book looks like and opinions on grade are still appreciated

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=50&Number=9270500&Searchpage=1&Main=405589&Words=&topic=0&Search=true#Post9270500

Thanks in advance and cheers

It all depends on what your intention is for the book.

Keep it for yourself?

Sell it?

Pass it on to your kids?

Show it off?

Long story short, do what will make you happiest. If you're planning on selling, spend $10 on a 1 month subscription to GPA analysis and look over the prices in various grades, both signed and unsigned. This will give you a good indicator if it's "worth it" financially.

If you're planning on keeping it for your personal collection, then what are you asking us for? Do whatever makes you happiest in this hobby and you'll get a lot more enjoyment out of it.

My 2c

Your copy looks almost identical to my 3.0 FF1.

To answer your question, YOU need to decide "if it's worth it." Not the people of this fine establishment.

Do you enjoy collecting signatures?

Are you a big fan of Stan's writing and would you regret not getting it signed?

How would you feel if the signature doesn't look good?

P.S. Stan's signature has vastly deminished over the past 2 years. Back in 2013, his signature looked great, but now it's an illegible blob of thick marker in many cases.

To answer your question, YOU need to decide "if it's worth it." Not the people of this fine establishment.

P.S. Stan's signature has vastly deminished over the past 2 years. Back in 2013, his signature looked great, but now it's an illegible blob of thick marker in many cases.

Ive found its hit or miss on his sig lately. My suggestion is that if you go somewhere to get it signed. Get in line early when he is still fresh.

Ive found its hit or miss on his sig lately. My suggestion is that if you go somewhere to get it signed. Get in line early when he is still fresh.

I got this sig from Stan on my FF1 this past summer, depends on what you have him sign with.

image_zpspncw2fje.jpeg

I've said it before, and I'll say it again-

If it is for your own personal enjoyment, by all means.

But if you plan on trying to increase its value and reselling, I think you shrink your possible buyer base. More people are interested in an unsigned FF #1 than one with a signature by Stan on it.