• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Canadian EC's

5 posts in this topic

Another thread talks about the Canadian reprints of Crime Suspenstories 1-3 (renamed Weird Suspenstories).

Other EC titles were reprinted in Canada, but they kept the original title. Does anyone know how many and which EC comics have Canadian versions? I don't recall ever seeing a list.

For example I have Canadian versions of Weird Science #15(4) (early issue), #10, and #15 (later issue). Do copies of the first 3 issues exist as Canadians? What about the other issues.

I know that EC's were reprinted before the New Trend titles. I have a copy of Modern Love #8 that is a Canadian printing.

Any help?

I can dig out the numbers of any other Canadian reprints that I have (or have had) if anyone is interested.

EC comics Canadian Editions were printed in Canada from 1950 to November 1954

I have copies of Vault of Horror 12 HoF 15 WS 1 WF 1, TFTC 20 ALL Canadian editions

Shock and Crime Suspenstories were NOT published in Canada except under Weird Suspenstories

EC comics Canadian Editions were printed in Canada from 1950 to November 1954

I have copies of Vault of Horror 12 HoF 15 WS 1 WF 1, TFTC 20 ALL Canadian editions

Shock and Crime Suspenstories were NOT published in Canada except under Weird Suspenstories

Did they print the two war books and the two humor titles? I seem to recall seeing a Canadian Mad #1, but am not sure.

Do you collect the Canadian editions?

Here's the reply I made in the EC thread that you might not see....

"Y'know, I had a Canadian copy of "Junior" comics, (the Feldstein GGA book) that was a reprint of a regular issue of JUNIOR but with an entirely different cover...It was a real low grade , Fair, but I still sold if for 225....I wonder how rare that book is. Seeing your run of Weird Suspenstories got me thinking about that one. I really like the cover to # 2....thanks very much for sharing these. "

I don't have a clue about Canadian reprints but just wanted to share the fact that I had a interesting example of one...I'll dig up an old scan I have on another computer and share it...